Blaser F3 SuperSport and newer F3's...opinions?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

Dudes and dudettes.

Not interested in reliability issues of older F3's.

I am interested in the newer ones and the SuperSport in particular.

I saw Nathan Hales with one and I think I would like one, but what do you think?

I know what you mean as look a lovely gun.

I've had two original F3 and then an F3 Pro and really liked them all.

It looks the business.

I just sold my Pro but only to buy a 34 inch one! then got distracted by the RF1 Guerini so still deciding!

solid, well made German engineering - do it!!!

Thanks.  It certainly does look the bees knees...I liked the Guerini Summit Impact as well...but I think the SuperSport is probably a better made gun.

Have a bit of trouble finding much about them on t'internet....would like to see a factory tour type video as well.

I think/know that matt premier guns has them in stock to try out at doveridge, si deaville has ordered one from him, personally I would go for a k80 pro rib , but as I haven't got the budget for either I'll stick with my dt10x high rib.

I love my Blaser F3 .

I can't comment on the Super Sport as I have not shot one , mine is the standard rib sporter .

Blaser never really got the credit they deserved when they introduced the F3 , they redesigned and re-thought so many aspects of the humble shotgun . 

Get the Blaser you won't be disappointed .

Ken

I think/know that matt premier guns has them in stock to try out at doveridge, si deaville has ordered one from him, personally I would go for a k80 pro rib , but as I haven't got the budget for either I'll stick with my dt10x high rib.
Do we know if Mr Deaville has got his gun yet?

I've shot an F3 (2nd model) before moving a Guerini Maxum then to an MX8 and I thought the Blaser was and still is a superb gun and to me better than a Guerini I think the Guerini ejectors are very weak and nothing like a Perazzi for strength, the weight moving system in the Blaser is brilliant for setting up your gun to suit yourself. 

I have indeed ordered a 32inch Supersport i have gone for Grade 6 wood. I have shot the demo gun at Doveridge a couple of times

and loved it. I have the pics of my stock on friday so the gun should be here this week. I have a full range of Muller Chokes sat here

ready for it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have indeed ordered a 32inch Supersport i have gone for Grade 6 wood. I have shot the demo gun at Doveridge a couple of times

and loved it. I have the pics of my stock on friday so the gun should be here this week. I have a full range of Muller Chokes sat here

ready for it also.

Thanks for that.  Did you go for the Trap style forend?  How does the gun compare to other "choices" in that price range and what was it that made you  choose the Blaser?

I would be looking to replace my SP1 at some point, and the Blaser SuperSport is up there on my list with adjustable versions of DT11, 692 or Dt10.

I've had a Super Sport with a flat rib as well as the Mk1 and I didn't like it. The recoil was quite heavy compared to guns weighing the same, it actually felt quite "numb" in the handling stakes too. The Trap fore-end is better to hold, but they all seem not to fit well after a while, they have a tendency for slack to appear, which is not a good thing really.

The final straw was when the bracket between the barrels for attaching the weights fell off!

A decent DT1O is much nicer to shoot.

I have gone for the trap style Forend as I have the TF on my 725.

I shot a lot of guns before the Supersport.

Kreighoff. Pro Rib. DT11. CG Impact.

I liked the Blaser over them all. My next choice would have been the CG.

The recoil was very very low. Same as the Kreighoff and less than the DT11.

Looking forward to delivery. :)

I've had a Super Sport with a flat rib as well as the Mk1 and I didn't like it. The recoil was quite heavy compared to guns weighing the same, it actually felt quite "numb" in the handling stakes too. The Trap fore-end is better to hold, but they all seem not to fit well after a while, they have a tendency for slack to appear, which is not a good thing really.

The final straw was when the bracket between the barrels for attaching the weights fell off!

A decent DT1O is much nicer to shoot.
I've read about this heavy recoil comment a few times on shooting forums , but have never actually meet in person a Blaser owner past or present that has had that problem . 

Gun fit and stock dimensions play a huge part in perceived recoil , and how the recoil forces are transferred to the shooter .

By the sound of your comments the gun was not a good fit for you which is a shame , because there are a lot of shooters that shoot them comfortably , myself included .

Most if not all of the problems with the early guns have been rectified by Blaser now and the latest models have been refined into a great package .

You have to remember Blaser started from a clean sheet when they built the F3 , they entered into a world full of competitors with hundreds of years of shotgun building history . If you think about it they did an outstanding job really and they haven't just sat back and congratulated themselves , they are a company that design their firearms with no preconceived ideas .Their designs which are often considered unusual , are their attempts to solve existing problems within the traditional firearms world .Once they have that in production they continue to improve and make minor changes to perfect there products . 

Blaser's will only get better :yes:

Ken

Ken

I've read about this heavy recoil comment a few times on shooting forums , but have never actually meet in person a Blaser owner past or present that has had that problem . 

Gun fit and stock dimensions play a huge part in perceived recoil , and how the recoil forces are transferred to the shooter .

By the sound of your comments the gun was not a good fit for you which is a shame , because there are a lot of shooters that shoot them comfortably , myself included .

Most if not all of the problems with the early guns have been rectified by Blaser now and the latest models have been refined into a great package .

You have to remember Blaser started from a clean sheet when they built the F3 , they entered into a world full of competitors with hundreds of years of shotgun building history . If you think about it they did an outstanding job really and they haven't just sat back and congratulated themselves , they are a company that design their firearms with no preconceived ideas .Their designs which are often considered unusual , are their attempts to solve existing problems within the traditional firearms world .Once they have that in production they continue to improve and make minor changes to perfect there products . 

Blaser's will only get better :yes:

Ken

Ken
Hello Ken,

I've been shooting for a long time and I do know about gun fit. I am not the only ex Blaser owner to comment  about perceived recoil and F3's.

I bought one of the first ones in the U.K. and had to use a small mallet to open the top lever at first, due to the angle of the bite. The best one I've owned was a Mk 2 with the trigger upgrades fitted with a Trap fore-end but it still thumped me.

A friend had bought a new Pro sport and I had a shot with it and I thought I'd treat myself to one but after a while I wished that I had not as this one walloped me too.

I then went down the K80 route as these were for me recoil free, just due to the weight but I found it hard work on some stands as I'm no longer a spring chicken.

I then tried a Kemen, a mate used to have one years ago, the recoil level is very, very, low and it really handles very well and weighs just 8lb 2oz.

Blasers in the U.K. are overpriced, when they were first imported they were about the same price as the 682 Beretta, not now though.

Hello Ken,

I've been shooting for a long time and I do know about gun fit. I am not the only ex Blaser owner to comment  about perceived recoil and F3's.

I bought one of the first ones in the U.K. and had to use a small mallet to open the top lever at first, due to the angle of the bite. The best one I've owned was a Mk 2 with the trigger upgrades fitted with a Trap fore-end but it still thumped me.

A friend had bought a new Pro sport and I had a shot with it and I thought I'd treat myself to one but after a while I wished that I had not as this one walloped me too.

I then went down the K80 route as these were for me recoil free, just due to the weight but I found it hard work on some stands as I'm no longer a spring chicken.

I then tried a Kemen, a mate used to have one years ago, the recoil level is very, very, low and it really handles very well and weighs just 8lb 2oz.

Blasers in the U.K. are overpriced, when they were first imported they were about the same price as the 682 Beretta, not now though.
G'day

Mike , please don't think I was " having a go at you ' , because I wasn't .

Can I ask in what way were the Blasers kicking you around .

Was the recoil sharper and harder than other guns ?

Did it bruise your shoulder - cheek etc ?

Can I also ask what grade of timber you had , how dense was the grain and figure in the stock ?

What recoil pad did you have on it ?

What weight were you running it at ( barrel weights , stock weights )

I'm just interested in finding out why some of these guns seem to kick people more than others .

Ken

A friend of mine has just bought a very sorted looking Blaser which felt a good bit over 8 if not nearly 9 lbs in my hands, pretty sure it will be a solid shooting piece but many other Blasers I've picked up seem very light for a clay gun, might that not be the reason for their harsh recoil reputation ?

I've never been bruised by any gun to be honest DT10's smack me in the cheek due to the angle of the comb though.  F3's just give me more of a weighty thump to my shoulder.

All mine have weighed around 8lbs or so. I once bought one fitted with grade 7 wood with the factory fitted adjustable comb but that thumped me too.

My first one just had grade 2 wood. The only one that I had fitted with a kick-eeze was my last one which was fitted with grade 5 wood and that still thumped me. I though the palm swell might help to lessen the recoil a bit but it never did.

The first versions just had a stock weight but it spoilt the balance if you fitted two of them in the stock.

My last one could be made very heavy, but just felt dead in my hands even if I changed the balance.

Talking to other Blaser owners out and about ,some guns are quite soft in recoil but others are not. If I had found one that was I would still be shooting one I suppose.

I had better mention that I only shoot 24 gm's too and have done for ages. Not the heavy recoil ones either.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine has just bought a very sorted looking Blaser which felt a good bit over 8 if not nearly 9 lbs in my hands, pretty sure it will be a solid shooting piece but many other Blasers I've picked up seem very light for a clay gun, might that not be the reason for their harsh recoil reputation ?

You're not wrong, the first ones weighed about 7lb10oz, I picked the heaviest one they had.

I'm going to try one out tomorrow; he said it is a newer one as it's not got the serial on the barrel. Anything I should look out for?

Latest posts

Back