Best looking OT style

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

As we all know there are many many styles adopted so no right or wrong way as far as I can ascertain. So here is the question who's style do you think is the nicest looking and who's style would you like to emulate. To make it more fun who's style best compares with your own.

Me first....

The style that best compares with my own is Alberto Fernandez

The style I think is the nicest / classiest looking and that I would if I could emulate Aleksei Alipov

Off you go .................

As we all know there are many many styles adopted so no right or wrong way as far as I can ascertain. So here is the question who's style do you think is the nicest looking and who's style would you like to emulate. To make it more fun who's style best compares with your own.

Me first....

The style that best compares with my own is Alberto Fernandez

The style I think is the nicest / classiest looking and that I would if I could emulate Aleksei Alipov

Off you go .................
Kevin Gill (best trap style)..

Derek Burnett absolutely effortless and relaxed style I would love to be able to adopt.

Azcue

Last edited by a moderator:
Valerio Grazini....just saying..
Is that who you would like to emulate or who you actually shoot like?

Personally I shoot like a tosser and would like to shoot like Ian Peel!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Greg

me thinks people don't get the requirement of the answer. Its a two part answer.

Just saying :)

Hey DT....why single mine out......

I answered the question of style.....leave me alone....go pick on the others :laugh:

Brilliant Greg

me thinks people don't get the requirement of the answer. Its a two part answer.

Just saying :)
Sorry IPS.........I forgot to add to mine.....that i shoot like 'me' and there is only one of those. (not sure if it is good or bad though). :wink:

Nic

your not playing the game but as its you and only you i will accept your answer :)

Hey DT....why single mine out......

I answered the question of style.....leave me alone....go pick on the others :laugh:
Not pickin on you Nic, Just that your's was the last one I read.

And you still haven't answered both parts of the question ?

DT

Sorry IPS.........I forgot to add to mine.....that i shoot like 'me' and there is only one of those. (not sure if it is good or bad though). :wink:
Not sure that the world is ready for two of you Nic ;-)

Esteban Azcue was the Fernandes of his day. Shot square on barrel chested style. Seemed to shoot all his targets within a six foot circle around the mark. Shot 150/150 on his world championship (1977)

Miloslav Bednarik was reckoned to be the most able. A dispatch rider for the Czech army died aged 24 in motorcycle accident. Said to average 22 shooting OT from the hip he did so for the last target of his world championship (1985,1986) much to the embarrassment of his coach.

I guess that my stance is most like Michael carrega but without the long left-hand grip. I just wish I was as good as him!!!

Esteban Azcue was the Fernandes of his day. Shot square on barrel chested style. Seemed to shoot all his targets within a six foot circle around the mark. Shot 150/150 on his world championship (1977)

Miloslav Bednarik was reckoned to be the most able. A dispatch rider for the Czech army died aged 24 in motorcycle accident. Said to average 22 shooting OT from the hip he did so for the last target of his world championship (1985,1986) much to the embarrassment of his coach.
Like fernandez eh, not heard of him before but i think i would have liked to have seen him shoot. I love watching fernandez when he is on form.

Like fernandez eh, not heard of him before but i think i would have liked to have seen him shoot. I love watching fernandez when he is on form.
Some shooter Fernandez he is so fast he has bust the clay and is moving before the cartridges from the previous shooter have hit the bucket! I have never witnessed it but I am sure a commentator said he closes his left eye when he shoots ? Anyway nup don't like that style at all much prefer the Carrega or Burnett style and stance absolute class... like Les if only!

Fernandez has slowed right down this season particularly this week at Peru. As i said on other thread this is a style that some of us have naturally however it is a style plagued by inconsistency. He presumably has slowed down to address this but i bet he creeps back to his original style before long.

Personally i love this style both to do and to watch, the secret with it from my experience is keeping very relaxed and having a nice cadence throughout the set up routine.

Latest posts

Back