gold cup

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

just a quick note a very good day today shooting exactly as i hoped it would the special stands are taking people out of comfort zones , causing head scratching and laughter , yes laugher on a clay shoot what ever next 

dont know all scores as havent had time to look but steve williams is winning on 139 and a special mention for adam from grange farm who straighted the first 5 stands brilliant and then ,well i will let him tell you all ,well done to everyone 

steve

Really looking forward to this will be there tomorrow, I hear laughing on every shoot,....usually when I am shooting

Brilliant shoot Steve really enjoyed it, the flush stands are great and 3 clays in the air on stand 15 takes some serious concentration.

As for stand 7 ........f#$k what a cock up I made of that !

Any chance of getting the scores at end of each day Steve?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

I am going to class that as a school day. Firstly on the visit to westfield, and made very welcome, well set up. Secondly on the birds, 100 yd crosser on stand 16, what can I say. That was the refs comment on distance not mine by the way. Had to really be on top of your game to score high, or that's what I found, 139 is going to be up there.

Special stands is that what they call em down south. Brilliant experience to shoot targets never done or seen in that format before. It was good fun even when I only score 88, was looking for a minimum of 100.

Prediction for "C" class winner 110 - 115 on a top top day

Alt of work gone into that layout, well done Steve, I will return next year

Andy

407280_3324227739599_61419030_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photograph of our hero during a team talk I was giving on how easy Westfield targets are.

Spud dog glad you enjoyed it , stand 16 is a cracker but tha left to right battue a bird needed more lead than tha midi right to left bird and distance of the furthest one is 69 paces to where most will shoot at it , good Fitasc style targets them or used to be anyway think we had two ten straights and three or four 9 s so good experience

Was a good experience, couldn't find either of those you mention above.

Good luck to everyone over the next 3 days.

Get at em!!!

Good Shoot today Steve enjoyed it. Something a bit different for a change.  Should have 3 more but aint that always the case. I think a 142/3 will do it but hey wot do I know. See you on Sunday for some more fun.

I thought a 141 will win but who knows on 16 stands it becomes a great mental battle , sure pill coley will help out if any one needs advise unless he is knackered after today , reckon he must have shot 800 targets in is head today ! .

I have not been shooting long but that was a great day out and the refs need a pat on the back. Loved the comment on stand two, ref "I only call if you miss so I don't want to say a word" made him say a couple of words unfortunately. I would like to say a big thanks to everyone involved.

Will definately be back again. Oh and who do I call to collect my winnings?

This has to be the best and most entertaining shoot that i have shot this year. :good:

All those left to shot this are in for a treat,can't say anything but it has things you won't have seen before. :hunter:

Fantastic, well done to Steve,Aly and all the team. :goodjob:

Last edited by a moderator:
martin you hit the nail on the head there mate...that was the best targets ive shot in a major comp for a very long time..

ACE.....bloody well run...and hats of too steve and team  :hi:   :goodjob:   :bow:

want to say so much but not spoiling it ..for anyone shooting it you are in for a treat....

good too meet ashley from here and the gang well shot lads...well shot short legs too nice too shoot with ya again  :hunter:

Really enjoyed this today…shot like a plonker but really enjoyed it anyway!

As Tiptop says some very interesting formats to some of the stands that people probably won't have seen before, though sure to bring a smile to your face  

Latest posts

Back