News from FITASC GB - please read

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

I would appreciate if you could inform all of your FITASC Sporting shooting friends, and spread the word about this important next step for FITASC sporting in the UK.

The FITASC GB Sporting sub-committee is going through some significant change. The main body of the sub-committee have resigned their positions and intend to run an election process to find a new team of volunteers who are accountable, professional and able to move the Sporting and COMPAK disciplines forward.

The intention of this process is to ensure that the sub-committee team have a mandate from Sporting and COMPAK shooters, and there is an opportunity to bring new skills and momentum to the group.

A proposed sub-committee structure (broad roles and responsibilities) is posted on the FITASC UK site - at this link – along with details of a General Meeting during which a new team can be nominated and elected.

The meeting will be held on October 7th at 7.30pm at The Boat Inn, Stoke Bruerne, Northampton, NN12 7SB

If you have any questions – or wish to cast a nomination please contact secretary @ fitasc.co.uk

Thank you,

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much trouble 't mill, more like the winds of change. A new sub committee needs to be elected, would be great to get some highly motivated and skilled individuals who are passionate about FITASC and who want to see teh sport developed in the UK, for the good of shooters and ground owners. The more people who get involved the better, if you don't have your say then you can't complain if something happens you don't like or agree with. Plus Nick will make sure there is plenty of beer :biggrin:

Matt

If this is so important why hold it on a Monday night? Probably like a lot of others, my work commitments make it impossible to attend.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

The only important and 'voting' members of FITASC Compak and Sporting are the two directors on the BICTSF board. Sub-committees, although helpful, have no voting rights. The BICTSF can choose to listen or not to the sub-committee. Nick Woodward and Julio Fantastico are the two directors...and they run the show in the UK.

So if you want to be heard then you have to convince them of your topics to be brought to the BICTSF Board.....and if you atre lucky....and if too many of the others do not interfere...then you may have a chance of the topic being passed.....just saying ...true story..!

Now where have we heard that before,that the directors don't listen....hmmm now let me see... :read:   oh yeah.

MaddMatt , was the first post on here written by you ?

Now where have we heard that before,that the directors don't listen....hmmm now let me see... :read:   oh yeah.

Not the issue here actually - the sub-commitee - of which I was a member, resigned in order to seek a mandate from the shooters, in order to be more professional and useful.

MaddMatt , was the first post on here written by you ?

Actually - MadMatt posted it, but written by me in an email to the fitasc.co.uk mailing list

The only important and 'voting' members of FITASC Compak and Sporting are the two directors on the BICTSF board. Sub-committees, although helpful, have no voting rights. The BICTSF can choose to listen or not to the sub-committee. Nick Woodward and Julio Fantastico are the two directors...and they run the show in the UK.

So if you want to be heard then you have to convince them of your topics to be brought to the BICTSF Board.....and if you atre lucky....and if too many of the others do not interfere...then you may have a chance of the topic being passed.....just saying ...true story..!
This is true - although the Sporting sub-comittee collectively organised all of the Sporting and COMPAK selection shoots last year, managed the team selection and did some other good work (the website - which I contributed to and the junior academy - which has been a good success this year). We have no voting rights, and were all unelected (I was co-opted to help with two or three projects).  This election process will hopefully make those volunteers a bit more organised and professional and get fresh blood into the group.

Matt If this is so important why hold it on a Monday night? Probably like a lot of others, my work commitments make it impossible to attend. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
Keith - we know, not ideal but diaries were very full to get this organised. Thats the reason why we'll accept any votes or nominations over email and publicly disclose those at the meeting. 

I understand all that...I was just stating the fact ...which is that only the directors can vote..... They can bring a topic to the board....which then can fail at the board.

Been there...got the T shirt.

Nic - without a doubt you are right, however, if we do not get fresh blood on the sub committee the organisation of FITASC Sporting and Compak Sporting will suffer in the UK. The posts are generally a thankless task and those who volunteer should be supported by the shooting masses (FITASC). How do they think shoots are organised, trophies bought, GB rankings maintained, website maintained etc etc.

As for representation to the main BICTSF board, well if the right people are on the sub committe and put forward professional well balanced arguments then Jules and Nick are intelligent enough to listen and put those arguments to the board. You cannot move forward if you are constantly looking backwards, if we want to move the sport forward then we have to drop the "it wasn't done like that in the old days" stuck record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is....it was not done....that is the point..!!

I am all for sub-committees of experts making great decisions to take to the board.....and then nothing happens.

I wish you the best of luck for your efforts.....really.

Well I do have a motion up my sleeve, whether it happens we will see, you do know what I am talking about but its not the right time yet... but soon

Like most of us, BUT, if you don't step up occasionally then don't be surprised when you can't shoot anymore. Events and disciplines do not run themselves and need people to engage with their sport if they want it to be around for future generations.

Good for you Matt offering your services....it needs new fresh minds on the job. But as I have said before....if you want to change things then you have to get elected to the main Bictsf board.

All the rest are just Santa's little helpers. And they tend to drift off when good ideas are ignored....just like the English sporting sub-committee.......ask Steve .....how Cpsa reacted to all their hard work....eh Steve?

:fie:  Matt, by all means try and do something for Fitasc shooters in this country but! I fear that you are hissing in the wind? :pilot:

I started shooting clays  when you were born 1968, I have served on county/regional committees, been the chairman of the FITASC sub committee, run 3 fitasc/sporting grounds   sett targets for 3 grand prix  worked on 2 Fitasc World C/ships etc etc. 

You are up against the CPSA! don't tell me that they don't run the BICTSF because they have the final say on what goes! :crazy:

So after 45 years or more a clay shooter  I am going to sit on the fence with the other 25,000 shooters! :fie:   :fie:   

If you want to change the culture, you will have to start by changing the organization.

If you want to change the culture, you will have to start by changing the organization.
Oh boy you really are going to get lost now.

Can i ask what you think of the new draft articles presented in the last Pull magazine?

Latest posts

Back