05:35...... I'm up and ready

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

And its not my special event day either... .

Going to my first  sporting event  :hunter:   ...  its like i'm waiting for Santa to come  :santaclaus:   hang on is that deja vu .

Mart :)  

I've been shooting competitions every weekend for 12months now and I still wake early, excited and full of nerves!

:fie:  I used to get like that when I started playing with girls! :haha:   :haha:   :haha:   :haha:   :haha:  

And its not my special event day either... .

Going to my first  sporting event  :hunter:   ...  its like i'm waiting for Santa to come  :santaclaus:   hang on is that deja vu .

Mart :)
5.35 ? Already done an hour's work by then

I've been shooting competitions every weekend for 12months now and I still wake early, excited and full of nerves!
me too apart from the nerves even on a practice day and that's after 28yrs :)

So many ways to take this thread....I think I will leave it to your imagination...

Good luck Santa...look forward to hearing how you get on....

exactly the same up at 05.30 and the ground is only half a mile from my house with a 10 o/clock start if we ever lose the excitement it is time to give up.

Ok,  a quick update :)

It was a local shoot,  26 birds over 6 stands ...   1 or 2 rounds

I elected to do 2 rounds :)

1st stand  1 single x2

A fast R/L crosser  going away slightly, and diving behind the trees,  but the stand was low so you were shooting an elevated bird.

Missed both :(   Not a good start, and got me worried for the rest of the birds  However I wasnt the only one,  this presentaion caught out lots of people   Felt slightly better

2nd stand was 2 singles X2  on report,

A  slow L/R arc, Missed the first, but nailed the second and the following 2    .. Felt heaps better after this :)

Stand 3 was 2 singles x2 on report

A fast high going away bird,  coming from behind you and just starting to move left,

Killed the first but missed the second,   then nailed the next two

Stand 4 was 2 single x2 on report

A simple arcing up and over bird, but with limited visibility through the treeline

Missed the first two, but got the second one missed the last

Stand 5. 2 singles x3

A high Left bird arcing right but only the edge visible , and an overhanging branch that was worth its weight in gold

The overhanging branch helped, as if forced you to get the shot in early

Killed the first  got the second  killed the second pair , Then killed the first and missed the last one

Stand 6 2 singles x3

A long  fast low going away bird between a wide row of trees, A low start, but the bird gradually gained height.

Missed the first, got the next one and the next four.

Total for round one  16ex26  (edited i cant count . )

Didnt feel to bad, came away feeling quite happy,   took some birds that others missed, and missed some that others hit, 

2nd round was broadly the same...  the first stn still eluded me . 

And stand 5?  someone had done some tree surgery and removed the overhanging branch....

Totally threw me,  as i was fllowing the bird for longer, so ultimalty missed 3 of the 6

2nd round was  11ex 26

It was a great morning out,   and i cant wait for the next one

Mart

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that has kept me sane for the last 28 yrs is knowing that at the weekend i will be shooting. Still as keen and as hungry as i was all those years ago. Its a great sport with great people. Long may it continue.

Latest posts

Back