How has everyone got on today? 15th Sept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Not sure if you have tried doing this before...love to know how everyone has got on...so here's my starter for 10....

Shot at Isle of Wight Gun Club, 100 Sporting, windy and overcast but dry...

Got 76...whoo...hoo....with a 2 on my card...boo...hoo....

Top score was 89 when I left so not a million miles off...

Great layout, caught out by two very close, very fast, low right to left crossers...I am blaming my fixed chokes as oppose to my complete inability to read the targets...

So how has everyone else done?

Well done J ........!! ! Ill be back on the shooting ground next weekend :)

Getting withdrawl symptoms , too much sun , sea and diving !!

Last edited:
Started the first two stands dropping 5 on each :-(.....nothing like a good start to build confidence.
Came back together after that but dropped silly ones here and there.

Reasonably happy as it was the first time there.

Westonwood - managed 43. Completely blanked the Simo battues did not give them enough. Really enjoyed it though. had to shoot with 28 gm as hubby was supposed to pick up 24gm Evo plastic but came home with Evo 21gm fibre - simply did not want to use them. I found the 28 gm Express Power Blue not too bad at all and I may even use them for a few of Steve's birds in the future alongside my 24 gm. I also had a go at the Challenge just for fun and managed to hit 8 which I was very pleased with including a couple of pairs. a good day.

Started the first two stands dropping 5 on each :-(.....nothing like a good start to build confidence. Came back together after that but dropped silly ones here and there. Reasonably happy as it was the first time there.
Did you end up on a decent score?

Hope to see you there next month, we can compare notes...

Westonwood - managed 43. Completely blanked the Simo battues did not give them enough. Really enjoyed it though. had to shoot with 28 gm as hubby was supposed to pick up 24gm Evo plastic but came home with Evo 21gm fibre - simply did not want to use them. I found the 28 gm Express Power Blue not too bad at all and I may even use them for a few of Steve's birds in the future alongside my 24 gm. I also had a go at the Challenge just for fun and managed to hit 8 which I was very pleased with including a couple of pairs. a good day.
Sounds like sabotage on part of husband there...he must be getting nervous you are catching him up! 

Never done Westonwood...another one for the bucket list...

Sounds like sabotage on part of husband there...he must be getting nervous you are catching him up! 

Never done Westonwood...another one for the bucket list...
Can't catch him yet at ESP but he only managed 11 and then 10 on the challenge :) . although to be fair he is shooting with his semi at the mo as his darling beloved Kemen is still not back from gunsmith. Westonwood is always good.

Shot the members shoot at Bisley in the morning.  It's never a tough shoot but you still have to hit everything. Shot 86 which is about my average there, but I'd been to Roger Waters' "The Wall" at Wembley last night, had a late night and wasn't doing the driving if you know what i mean, so I was lucky to hit what I did. It didn't start to rain until we finished the last stand so that was good. Took my friend home to Ealing and ooh look I'm near the M40, I've got time to get to Weston Wood before last entries....... Whizzed up there, whizzed around the course, starting at 12 going anticlockwise. My first 9 stands I'd only dropped 11targets......so a bit of self correction had to happen.  Had missed out the battues so had to go back to them.  Sian, those sim battues were pretty beastly, only hit 3.  Then arrived a bit out of breath at the platform, hit the first pair but then messed that up.  Steve was watching, spotted my error, gave me a great bit of advice so I'll be on them next time.  Last stand, the simo crows. Nasty stand. Another 3/8. So managed to drop 14 in the last 3 stands. Finished with a 75 (my average) and didn't get rained on there either.  Drove home dreaming of what might have been.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tough Fitasc at Southdown today, plenty of wind affected targets. At least that's my excuse...

You in Class C? Wouldn't be far off top with a 70 were you?
Yes I am in C, I reckon a 80 will take it, but you never know. Won at WYLYE with a low score. Did not shoot my best today so be very surprised if I end up in the top 3

Latest posts

Back