New FITASC Sporting rules for 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Some info just in from fitasc.co.uk

Post the FITASC General Assembly (AGM) held prior to the FITASC Sporting World Championships Spain July 2013 I am in a position to inform both course designers and Referees that the following changes to the FITASC Sporting rules have been adopted and are effective as from 1st Jan 2014:

1. Referees will carry, at International events, Yellow and Red cards similar to the ISSF Referees and also Soccer Referees.

These cards are to be used when a competitor falls foul of any of the rules for example, gun position, foot fault, cartridge or gun malfunction.

The first occurrence will result in the referee giving a verbal warning and show him/her a Yellow card with 'WARNING' in large bold black type.

Any repeat of the same transgression or second gun or cartridge malfunction, will result in the Referee giving a second warning and show the competitor a Red card with 'PENALTY' in bold black type.

The showing of a Red card will lead to the Referee deducting a target or two (2) targets for simultaneous (SIM) or trailing pairs (Rafale).

NB: the warning(s) remain in force only for the layout (25 targets) where the warning(s) were issued; the competitor has a clear card for each of the 25 target layouts remaining.

2. The second change that has been adopted is aimed at the course designers and the shooting position target menu; from 1st Jan 2014 the type of target will no longer be identified on the menu only the trap identifier i.e. A, B, C, D etc.

Additionally, the Referee will not be allowed to inform the competitor the type of target, nor should the competitor ask the Referee what the target is; the competitor can still ask what machine is next in the sequence if they are unsure.

Also during the AGM the shooting of pieces (chips) of a broken target was discussed; it is strongly recommended that this is discouraged on the grounds of safety and the environment. It is highly likely that the rules will be amended in 2014 introducing in 2015 a penalty for this practise.

Two things pop out:

1. You better make sure and hope your gun behaves itself, and

2. You better start using a quality cartridge, see threads about hard primers etc

I am totally in favour of these new rules, especially the one that identifies, or not, the targets. I would go the whole hog now and ban the targets being shown to the squad, as long as you can see the trap identifer. It is a sport that is suppose to simulate game shooting and hunting. Tin Hat on...

Two things pop out:

2. You better start using a quality cartridge, see threads about hard primers etc

I am totally in favour of these new rules, especially the one that identifies, or not, the targets. I would go the whole hog now and ban the targets being shown to the squad, as long as you can see the trap identifer. It is a sport that is suppose to simulate game shooting and hunting. Tin Hat on...
I'd be up for that. As long as its the same for all. Only trouble is, it can't work because the squad watch the first shooter, then they have seen them!

but then you rotate the first shooter on each peg - so everyone gets a fair crack of the whip. 

I'm OK with the not naming the target types - but some refs have been very funny with this...

I was at a shoot recently where this exchange happened ;

"Next is the B target, it is a VERY VERY VERY low right to left crosser from behind that bank..."

"Pullll"

....Rabbit.... 

Wait, so as the rules stand now there is no rule against shooting chips? At the last FITASC I was told that this was enacted when the rule about the combs was instated.  I tried to argue the point a bit but did not want to anger the ref before I shot lest there be some punitive refereeing on his part towards myself or the rest of the squad. 

Two things pop out:

Won't work.  The first shooter is always at a disadvantage.

Also, if you do it for FSP, you should do it for ESP - that's supposed to simulate game birds too.  Try and make that work on any ESP shoot!  Then you'd not only need a tin hat, but a stab vest too!  :biggrin:

Squad members rotate so it evens itself out, plus, when you go pigeon shooting do you watch a bird and then expect the exact same bird to repeat the flight? No, you shoot it, so why should this be any different in FITASC? ESP is different because you only have 2 targets to worry about, once you know where the traps are you should be able to shoot an unseen target, if not you are not then get more practice :hunter:

Now that I like!!!   :nyam:

You don't ask a Pheasant to come back over again so you can get it right next time.

The rest of the squad would have to be blindfolded though when you were shooting so they didn't get an advantage!  :fie:

I think the banning of the viewing of targets altogether would be a step back for the discipline. it's hard enough as it is and to make it even harder doesn't make sense to me.

I think the banning of the viewing of targets altogether would be a step back for the discipline. it's hard enough as it is and to make it even harder doesn't make sense to me.
On a Driven Game Shoot a shots to kills ratio of 3 to 1 is considered pretty good, while a ratio of 2 to 1 is truly exceptional.

That works out as an average of 33% to 50% overall. Even if you did not see the target first in FITASC Sporting, I bet most of you would average much higher than this.

This does not mean that Game Shooters are worse than Clay Shooters, it's just their expectations are more realistic considering the difficulty of the challenge.

If we all wanted to shoot 100% scores then wouldn't we all be shooting Skeet or DTL where 100% is possible most often?

I see your point. I'm in the game and clays are totally different camp. If I wanted to shoot a clay that mimicked game I'd stick to simulated game days.

It is a game in its own right. Totally detatched from game shooting and should be approached as such. Daft French chumps

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably won't make a difference for the French. They'll likely have been practising the targets for weeks before anyway.

FITASC was the blue ribbon discipline, the F1 if you will, scores of 198/200 have no place in the sport IMO, if you cannot tell the difference between a midi and a standard stick to skeet. As for seeing them, would make no difference to the top end scores at all.

Topdug u not happy shooting 100 straight at skeet & trap?i am,not done it many times.how about u?.

Back