Perazzi MX8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

After a bit of advice, been offered a stonking deal on a Trap MX8 with 31.5" mutli choke barrels, sight unseen as is my wont. The dealers says the action is non selective, firstly can these be altered to selector and secondly are they nose heavy as a rule ? Thanks in advance.

After a bit of advice, been offered a stonking deal on a Trap MX8 with 31.5" mutli choke barrels, sight unseen as is my wont. The dealers says the action is non selective, firstly can these be altered to selector and secondly are they nose heavy as a rule ? Thanks in advance.
They can be altered by buying a selective trigger unit. I think you'll find that there about £1,600 new and I very much doubt that you'll find a second hand one. As for nose heaviness it depends on the weight of the barrels and the stock as there are so many variations in both of these areas with Perazzis.

I would definitely NOT buy a Perazzi sight unseen as there are several things on these that need to be checked by a gunsmith who really knows Perazzi's.

In my opinion if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Be careful as they can be very expensive to have repaired.

Perazzi has two different selective triggers at princely prices.  For +/-$200 a standard trigger can be converted to internal select - not sure what it would cost in GB.  Or just buy an external select trigger.  try here for a trigger and prices they show now and then

trapshooters.com

Perazzi barrels can be anything since they come in a multitude of configurations.  Generally I'd guess that recent manufacture 80cm screw choked barrels would be nose heavy.  Not something that I could use but might be God's Own Lighting for you.

Hammy,

Heed the advice given, 'DO NOT BUY SIGHT UNSEEN'. Nothing wrong with ANY gun if it is what you want and more importantly you can shoot it.

But why would you want to acquire something that could be a money pit that you cannot shoot?

I think it is fair to say that practically any gun can be made to suit you, but you have to decide at what cost and how long to get there?

Time is never on your side, like sand it constantly drains away.

Did you not once have a gun that you altered and milled the rib out to get it to suit your desire? Where is that gun now?

It is your money, your dream and your time, do with it what you want?

It's just the way I do things, I have my 682E and then every now and then I buy something on the phone, play with it, weight it up against my keeper and sell on when the time comes, it's an adventure.

I've got an itch now for a new toy, it's either a 2nd hand P gun or yet another Miroku Trap, I've even been pouring over the CG brochure which shows how restricted the choices really are !

Hamster,

I understand completely, I have looked at a lot of Perazzi's because I have an itch that needs scratching. There is a heap of junk out there just waiting to catch the unsuspecting. I have so far in the last two months only seen four  Perazzi's that interest me, one is ex Wylye now in Nuneaton, one Wyle sold last week, one Wylye still has for sale, and one a friend owns and is not for sale, which I had six shots with today and never hit a clay, " Oh yes it does shoot high, you have to shoot the legs off everything !"  

Only four guns out of many viewed.  

It's just the way I do things, I have my 682E and then every now and then I buy something on the phone, play with it, weight it up against my keeper and sell on when the time comes, it's an adventure.

I've got an itch now for a new toy, it's either a 2nd hand P gun or yet another Miroku Trap, I've even been pouring over the CG brochure which shows how restricted the choices really are !
If you've got an itch have a look at my Utra XTR. It's a bit different, very reliable and a lovely gun to shoot. When are you next down at Greenfields? I haven't seen you lately. If you let me know when you're going to be there I'll do my best to meet up with you.

Other than that I'll probably be at West Kent late morning Tuesday.

Nice Keman sporter on guntrader 32" multi  nice looking bit of kit with adjustable monte carlo stock mint condition and very much on the same lines as perazzi just a thought after our chat last sunday, shooting the oaks tomorrow so catch up next week mate.

Nice Keman sporter on guntrader 32" multi  nice looking bit of kit with adjustable monte carlo stock mint condition and very much on the same lines as perazzi just a thought after our chat last sunday, shooting the oaks tomorrow so catch up next week mate.
I'm at the Oaks tomorrow so come and say hello.

Nice Keman sporter on guntrader 32" multi nice looking bit of kit with adjustable monte carlo stock mint condition and very much on the same lines as perazzi just a thought after our chat last sunday, shooting the oaks tomorrow so catch up next week mate.
kemen are lovely guns and trap ones are quite sought after by trap connesuers (definitely spelling)

personally i would not buy without seeing sounds a bit risky to me.

Well it just so happens that I have a grade 5 mirook trap gun for sale and a selectable P trigger group I would let go as well!

Options, options !

DT

I will not touch a Perazzi that has been choked....especially one with Brieley chokes .....which may be the one offered. :wink:

The resale value is destroyed....true story..!

Hamster if your after a perazzi nic and I know someone who could sort you out. ..nudge nudge.......

I will not touch a Perazzi that has been choked....especially one with Brieley chokes .....which may be the one offered. :wink:

The resale value is destroyed....true story..!
What would be the reason for that? Generally speaking multi guns offer more versatility so unless the work is substandard I can't see why it would be such a problem and for that kind of money is it really a deal breaker? I have looked at factory multi options but too many seem to have just one barrel multi choked.

Well there you go.

You can lead a horse to water.....but you cannot make it drink.

I am leaving this conversation now as I am not interested in any argument.

My post was to save you problems later.

Do what you want with my info. I am not really bothered.

:laugh:

Hammy it depends on what you mean by 'for that kind of money'.

I was interested in a gun that was offered multichoked  at a very reasonable price, for some reason unknown to me I didn't get too interested in it, to be told by someone in the know that the gun in question had been assembled from very tired parts into a complete gun. The gun is still for sale but with not a lot of local interest. There may well be nothing wrong with the gun but everyone is wary.

Maybe Sam Green could now buy it, imagine how good he could be with a Perazzi or a Krieghoff????????

Well there you go.

You can lead a horse to water.....but you cannot make it drink.

I am leaving this conversation now as I am not interested in any argument.

My post was to save you problems later.

Do what you want with my info. I am not really bothered.

:laugh:
I asked for your views as you are a known Perazzi user, how you see that as an argument is as usual beyond me ! If you weren't bothered why enter the thread at all ? Are you saying we should accept your word as gospel without the need for an explanation ? Thanks anyway.

Hammy it depends on what you mean by 'for that kind of money'.

I was interested in a gun that was offered multichoked  at a very reasonable price, for some reason unknown to me I didn't get too interested in it, to be told by someone in the know that the gun in question had been assembled from very tired parts into a complete gun. The gun is still for sale but with not a lot of local interest. There may well be nothing wrong with the gun but everyone is wary.

Maybe Sam Green could now buy it, imagine how good he could be with a Perazzi or a Krieghoff????????
The gun is cheap in P gun terms, that's what I meant. It's advertised by a very well respected dealer and described as very good condition so although what you say is possible it doesn't seem too likely in this case. This is just one of my options so was just seeking different views and by no means decided yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back