Winter shooting jackets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyM

Not long now before it turns cold, sorry but not much of a summer so my thoughts turn to a decent winter jacket. Any recommendations? Maybe something like this:
pro-month-jacket.JPG

I have been invited to a meeting at Holme House London on 5th Sept - Barbour Ladies Focus Group. I will report anything new / exciting when back.Good old tweed for me I am afraid, even though it is getting more doggy each year.
2h010-Tweed.JPG

I can recommend the Musto winter clay shooting jacket.It is like a long sleeved skeet vest and comes with or without a lining.I use the unlined one so that I can add or remove sweaters underneath it as required.I suggest you try them on in a shop rather than buy over the internet.They are generously sized.They cost about £90 unlined and about £120 lined.Vic.

I love the Jahti Jakt kit I bought a good few years ago, came with thick and thin thermals, fleece, over trousers, a coat and hat. £165 all in. If I can find the link to the people who sell it in the UK I'll post it in a bit.

I really struggle in the winter as I hate shooting in a jacket, I have a Musto one and I either end up overheating or mismounting. I normally only shoot in a T shirt.I'm going to try a new approach this winter, i'm going to have the mount point cut out of a fleece so i'm mounting straight onto my t shirt and if required will buy a thermal t shirt, I grew up on the Pennines and really feel the cold up there after 13 years in the tropical South ;)Jon.

It a Musto Gore Tex competition jacket for the winter for clay shooting for me, it's very breathable,warm,movable & 100% water proof so I can't ask for more Or if it's not too cold I've a Galvin Green shell jacket that's also 100% water proof and so light you can wear it under a skeet vest, Both these jackets are expensive BUT with both of them it does what it says on the tin and you only have to buy once
2029.gif
Nige

Quote from JonSkeet on August 31, 2011, 20:08I really struggle in the winter as I hate shooting in a jacket, I have a Musto one and I either end up overheating or mismounting. I normally only shoot in a T shirt.I'm going to try a new approach this winter, i'm going to have the mount point cut out of a fleece so i'm mounting straight onto my t shirt and if required will buy a thermal t shirt, I grew up on the Pennines and really feel the cold up there after 13 years in the tropical South ;)Jon.
Why not just buy a thinner Gel-Tek pad for your gun. That's what I do when I start to wear a jacket in winter.

Latest posts

Back