Windrush Shooting Ground 22/08/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipper

I would just like to to thank Mr Lovatt and his crew for the best days shooting this year, it was even worth losing a bounty over ( pulled it back 2nd card) £15 re-entry for 70 extreme target value for money totally excellent, nice to see Dr Clinto show form with a excellent 51, and believe me round there that was top drawer

Hey chipper what about my 56 , . think I deserve a galaxy for that !!!!!! Birds only of course

But like I said before brill afternoon and probably do another in a couple of weeks time give you time to get over this one

Steve

Can I ask what distances most of the targets were set for ?

I would like to try a similar thing here at my local club for a fun day and this opportunity to pick your brains is to good to pass up .

Ken

Hey chipper what about my 56 , . think I deserve a galaxy for that !!!!!! Birds only of course

But like I said before brill afternoon and probably do another in a couple of weeks time give you time to get over this one

Steve
56 Steveo is worth one of those double bounty's

Hi ken , where's your local club ????

Clays today were mostly 55 to 60 yards , we had a teal at around 70 yards which looked like a midi but was a std , a battue at 75 paces , several big crossers

The trick is to get the combinations correct or it could be a nightmare and you just alienate too many

We had a left to right simo pair at around 70 yards which chipper and I straighted but it was Hugh lead but a good speed and clearly visible so good to shoot , amazing what these shotguns will hit

Back to normal Sunday with 100 reg but big prize fund !!!!!!

Steve,

Interesting comment in your post above:-

"We had a left to right simo pair at around 70 yards which chipper and I straighted but it was Hugh lead but a good speed and clearly visible so good to shoot." 

Perhaps it may help and encourage those who never connected with those sort of targets at your shoots what lead you believe that you see?

We all see lead by varying amounts , indeed some shots will tell you they never see lead especially if they shoot quickly using swing through.

Other people you can stand with them and see that they are behind and encourage them to give the next target more lead, but they never do, lots of lead seems alien to them.

So it may be interesting if you and Chipper ( The Range Meisters ) could share your views?  I am sure it will be of assistance to the newbies.

Sadly I couldn't make it as my Butler, Mr. Lead Belly had to polish the silver.

Hi ken , where's your local club ????

Clays today were mostly 55 to 60 yards , we had a teal at around 70 yards which looked like a midi but was a std , a battue at 75 paces , several big crossers

The trick is to get the combinations correct or it could be a nightmare and you just alienate too many

We had a left to right simo pair at around 70 yards which chipper and I straighted but it was Hugh lead but a good speed and clearly visible so good to shoot , amazing what these shotguns will hit

Back to normal Sunday with 100 reg but big prize fund !!!!!!
G'day

Our club is about 300 km on the wrong side of nowhere :smile:

We have a strong club culture of about 65 members and we shoot Skeet , DTL ,  5 Stand ,Sporting  .

The Sporting , 5 Stand is really starting to take off and I'm interested in increasing the challenge and fun ( I'm finding it very hard to achieve both at the same time )

I'm interested in your comment about the combinations making or breaking it .

With out giving away trade secrets is there any advice you could offer in the setup of a course .

If your ever over this way , you can have a bed , a lend of a gun , some ammo , but you will have to buy your own beer , we don't like Bludgers :smile:

Ken

Latest posts

Back