Question for Matt mainly but others too

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster

Is it something I`m doing wrong cos I`m having trouble navigating the site. Basically everytime I click on a new page or post the screen goes into a 40 second plus lemethinkabout it pause which is infuriating. The bottom of the page typically dispalys :(12 items remaining) Downloading picture http/: blah blab.............................................................Is it the fact I`ve put my pic as avatar or other posters avatars or what, not being funny but it is seriously annoying and interfering with my witty knowledgable contributions.Other sites I visit even on the same open page are way quicker with no such problem!

Same here Hamster. I think Matt is checking it out. Mine hangs on "Downloading...ShootClay-Avatar.jpg?s=55" or something like that.

Yep - I hear the problem, I can't reproduce it on my set up - but I will work on it... it seems to be isolated to a couple of people with IE8.Hamster - can you confirm your browser and operating system?

OK - I have chnged the default avatar (the ShootClay Logo) to a much smaller (1.9k) version - it was previously at 32k, then 16k - which may have been contributing the the problem.I would suggest that you clear your browsing history (Safety, Delete Browing History) to make sure that your browser isnt loading a cached version.I'm going to continue monitoring for issues - so thanks for letting me know - I'm leaning about this software as we build and run... the joys of rapid deployment.

I have no problem at all ........but then I am female.....and a member of the supreme beings :D (p.s. Matt.......I posted the Helice Waterloo Cup twice.....can you please delete one.........It must have been Hammy or Toby's problem .......that made it happen :? :eek: :eek: :D ).(Loaded in 0.005 seconds by the way)

Still slow! Cleared the cache, it's marginally quicker but not by much. Now it hangs on "icon.wink" or something similar.*edit* Still stalling on the ShootClay-Avatar.jpg too. Why is that if it's so small? :?

OK - just tested on IE8 - it runs like treacle... I'll investigate some more - maybe a switch needs to be thrown somewhere (I'll find me spanner)

Quote from shootclay admin on August 31, 2011, 11:25Yep - I hear the problem, I can't reproduce it on my set up - but I will work on it... it seems to be isolated to a couple of people with IE8.Hamster - can you confirm your browser and operating system?
Top of my screen says Windows Internet Explorer if that helps? No better still by the way. :?

Windows 7 and IE9 and it just hums along like an Aston Martin Vantage :eek:

All fine on Firefox 6.0.1 on Win 7 x64.Are the guys having problems with IE 8 using Vista or Windows 7 out of interest, if so "IE's Protected Mode" can cause very very slow page loads.Jon.

IE8 on XP for me. Matt's aware so we'll carry on. I think I can spare 10 seconds per input although it is a bit frustrating :eek:

I get the slow load-up problem and I am on XP and IE8.Nicola said she changed to IE9 and that fixed it but I am pretty sure that IE9 only works with Windows 7 and isn't compatible with XP.I don't know about Vista.I don't get this problem on any other forum or site.Vic.

Yep me to, Im on Vista and can take up to 30 seconds to load a topic and like Vic I dont have this problem on any other site , Im sure Matt is working on sorting it .

Sorted ... I down loaded IE9 for Vista, and all is run up to speed nowRob

Good news Robo - thanks... I'm still working with someone at Microsoft on the issue with IE8 - will get it pinned down eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back