FITASC Entry costs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

Not sure if its me or have the entry fees for fitasc gone a bit mad?

England selection at High Lodge was £67 for 100 targets, the English Open at Kegworth is £102 for 150 targets, that is £34 for 50 targets! Seems to be getting stupid IMO, its not as though there are huge prize funds, because there aren't!!

Or are grounds exploiting the increase in people wanting to shoot it?

it is what the market will pay, that determines what price you finally baulk at, obviously we havent reached that figure yet

Think I just have, so far its working out at £34 for every 50 targets, with no real prize pool to talk about where is the money going (yes I know obvious answer)...?

as long as the shooting fraternity keep paying the entry fee the organisers will keep charging to the limit, its a free market one doesnt have to enter.

I enjoy Shooting the discipline.

If the targets and experience do not match the entry fee and my expectations then I won't go back.

If they do then I will pay for my enjoyment.

There is a lot of traps etc for a fitasc shoot aswell as referees

I enjoy Shooting the discipline.

If the targets and experience do not match the entry fee and my expectations then I won't go back.

If they do then I will pay for my enjoyment.
Thats it in a nutshell, and can be said for all disciplines really

There is a lot of traps etc for a fitasc shoot aswell as referees
Well in the old days of manual traps that may have held up, but now, 4 layouts, so typically 6 ref's, 20 to 25 traps max, no prize fund at all. compared to a 100 target sporting over 12 stands, 24 traps and 12 ref's, and a prize fund, I really enjoy fitasc but sometimes feel I'm having my pants pulled down!

This weekend at High Lodge it was old system and still cost £67. I get the new system costing more due to traps, setup and ref's but still its starting to get a little silly, on average to shoot England or GB selection shoots it will cost you nearly 70p per clay before you add all the other bits, shells, petrol, food accomodation etc No way does it cost the ground because no ground would run a shoot if they ran it as a loss. Just seems a shame to start to price out a lot of good shooters because of costs.

70p.....add another 50p and you can come and shoot Helice.

The OT side events at the Grand Italia recently charged some where in the region of 50 or 80 euros (I forget) for 2 layouts of 25...but there was a small prize fund.

People got to realise that as shooters diminish ....those left will pay more. The grounds have costs....if the costs are not met by someone.....the grounds will close....it is a vicious circle ...

Hi Matt the England selection shoots are done on a contract with Cpsa which specifies who has what , I think from memory £67 entry fee is broken down to £10 into prize fund , £7 to Cpsa levy and £50 to ground for hosting event .

The GB shoots are on contract to bictsf who also dictate the breakdown of costs

Speaking from our own experience we do the 150 fitasc in one day and pay out will be circa £2000 with an entry fee of around £89 , this event will have 8 refs each day , 60 traps , and open for 3 days

I guess the other issue is how many less shooters a ground can put through on a FITASC day - Steve whats the comparison? 

If you did a Sporting at Westfield - you could put 200/250 a day (maybe more?) - with a FITASC its a lot less I guess - 24 squads of 6 - or something?  

Same amount of ground open - and just a little less in costs of refs. 

Would welcome the right numbers here.. 

Hi Matt

The 150 fitasc we do , I work on maximum of 12 squads a day (72) , I tend to do all of our own fitasc on old system as I think is more interesting than new system , our last one over 3 days saw 144 shooters go through it , which on a balance sheet compared with one day sporting at our average entry of 155 is about the same profit . So why do we do it ??

Simple answer is because we enjoy it and I like a change of routine , and I think from shooters feedback there are enough people that still enjoy good fitasc

Any more questions please ask

Steve

Thanks Steve - bit of a contrast to a sporting entry.  Good clarity. 

Thanks Steve, I know fitasc usually means lower numbers etc, but the English Open at Kegworth is £102 for 150 targets, which seems steep to me, afterall the selection shoots are designed to enable we pick the best team possible, just makes you wonder when there are several former team members who no longer shoot selections due to cost.

Having seen how the Americans do it when they send their teams overseas I wonder if the CPSA and BICTSF should be looking for proper sponsorship of the selection shoots to enable lower entry fees, not sure if this is feasible or not, just an idea.

Latest posts

Back