Melanie sykes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoR

Mel sykes has just commented on daytime tv re; getting her sgc this week and will be going to cla maybe to buy her new shotgun! Great for the sport!

She has been having plenty of lessons with Ben (from what I can see on Twitter)  and i think is being supported by Gamebore!

Great for the sport and Mel is very pleasing on the eye! :)

Supported by !

What does that actually mean ?

i think it is a different way of being sponsored!

I am not 100% sure she is sponsored/supported by gamebore, but from twitter she has a good relationship with them!

It's a poor state of affairs that the sport is turning to Melanie Sykes to raise its profile.

Why not? She's young, female, famous, very attractive, inteligent, popular...which one of those attributes is negative toward attracting new people to try clay shooting? So are a raft of successful British Lady clay shots would be the argument...yes, they are, but how many of them have their own day time TV programme??? Answers on a postcard please...

Gamebore and Ben Husthwaite are pretty savy toward good publicity, Ben's getting a taste of TV out of it...and we all know how shy he is!?!? .

Ditto, for too long most media have wrongly portrayed any type of shooter as either a comic like character in tweed or a camoflaged Rambo, to have this tv presenter open up clay shooting in paticular to a wide audience has to be a plus, normally on daytime tv the only coverage of shooting is very much in the negative and usually I'll informed and strongly biased.

Agreed... As i said elsewhere, anyone that gets the sport positive publicity is a plus...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

I am sure ms sykes is very glad of her much needed "support" she must be earning a pittance so definitely a better prospect than injecting money into grounds or comps or up and coming shooters (of any age or sex) no way is it brand related its all about encouraging people into the sport

Ips...support doesn't need to mean £££, help, encouragement and pulling a few strings with coaching, practice, ect...grounds are businesses, making them busier IS injecting money into them!!! As for "up and coming" shooters...the amount of them Gamebore sponsor, it's safe to say they have that covered!!!

darkside

point taken, have a good evening hope your tractors got air con :)

Hope she carries on shooting when she finds out that she cannot make the Rio GBR team :wink:

And can only shoot at 75 targets cos she is just a girl :)

Seriously though does anyone really believe that having a minor celeb on the circuit is going to change public perception or encourage people to take up clay. Shooting and the love of guns is a vocation and not something you get involved in on a whim, ok there are exceptions like ms s but generally not. Its about time we all face facts we are involved in a minority sport that few can afford or are interested in. End of.

Seriously though does anyone really believe that having a minor celeb on the circuit is going to change public perception or encourage people to take up clay. Shooting and the love of guns is a vocation and not something you get involved in on a whim, ok there are exceptions like ms s but generally not. Its about time we all face facts we are involved in a minority sport that few can afford or are interested in. End of.
well it isn't going to do any harm.... I reckon it is great and hopefully the other famous people who shoot will speak more publicly about it and then maybe get other people thinking about trying it or taking it up properly....I took up the sport partly because of Peter Wilson's profile being raised after the Olympics and partly because I heard about the Gloucester Rugby boys doing a shoot for Alex Brown's Benefit year.....made me keen to try it and now I'm hooked...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back