Wylye Valley 14th July

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

Whew! Hot or what? I know we shouldn't complain but it was almost unbearable today. I measured 35C in the quarry this afternoon! Big thanks to all who came and a special thanks to the refs and ground staff.

Results on www.wylye-shooting.co.uk

We really enjoyed it even if it was a bit of a hard course for me...need to practice on some longer stuff...saw things today I have never seen before...still didn't do as well as I would have liked though! Learnt lots though so sure I will do better next time! Such a leap of faith to give things so much lead, and also made me realize the benefit of going round different grounds and experiencing different layouts.

We enjoyed our cakes on the ferry home so thanks to the Master Cake Baker...as well as all involved in the organisation...not often we need umbrellas for shade!!!!

We will be back soon (and me even sooner for some sneaky practice without the boys!!)

I thought it was a little tougher this time, but very enjoyable nevertheless.  I didn't do it justice - maybe the sweat making my eyes sting had something to do with that!  Bloody hot, or what?!  As usual, Mr Stones uses the topography to fool the eye, but a good mix again, something for everyone.

Had a good round with Tiptop and Wezc, but couldn't wait to get back to the car for the aircon!

Ah well, there's always next time!  :biggrin:   

If you can shoot Wylye,you can shoot anywhere! Was a tough but fair layout yesterday. I wasn't up to scratch,(74) shot fairly well at Southdown in the morning (86) and made the mistake of deciding I had time to get to Wylye and shoot that too. (2.5 hours) I just could not give those targets the 100% concentration they needed.....I could hit them,I just couldn't hold my focus long enough to put any straights in. I am not doing anymore 'double headers' you heard it here first!....unless they are close together and I'm not driving.

It was a beautiful day and setting, first time visit for me, sleeping on the beach the night before and night fishing did nothing for my scores, make sure I get my beauty, sorry I mean shooting sleep next time.  disappointing 72.

Was it one of the welsh invaders that came over the border and pillaged!!!! Martin Myers 95 bloody good shooting.

So I went back to Wylye today to seek retribution. Had an hour booked with Ed,so we shot the course as a competition. Started on the right hand side,up the bank and worked our way up....went straight the whole 6 stands. On the way back down I missed a couple of birds here and there,and a few silly ones,probably 3 light overall.....to finish on 90. What a difference being fresh makes!

Top class tuition from Ed as always and corrected why I dropped the silly ones. It's always a good day to be at Wylye,but today was gorgeous. It doesn't get much better!

I think I saw you just before I left but wasn't sure.  You had a van by the club room.  I did see that Ed was there busy giving some lessons.  I had an hour with Rob Eaton which was very productive.  It was hot out there but even hotter in Salisbury   :heat:     where I thought I'd take a look at Greenfields and buy some Comp-X shells.  Sounds like you also had a good session straighting all those stands.  See you another time! ;)

Yes,that was me mate. Should've asked Rob if it was me and said hi. I didn't know if you'd be there or not,so wasn't paying much attention. Glad you had a good day!

Top work squire, pleasure to watch and nice to end a long day with an easy lesson ! Keep it up :)

Latest posts

Back