24g cartridges more expensive than 28g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_S

After deciding to switch to 24g shells for sporting clays (7.5 fibre), I discovered they cost more than 28g, the 21g ones are maybe slightly cheaper, but 24g are more expensive. Does anyone know of a budget 24g shell that I can get hold of down in the South (Near A3)?

I have never known 24g be more expensive eley and fiocchi certainly are cheaper in 24g

Oh Bugger IPS....you have done it again....mentioned the F word....and also that they are cheaper.....!!!

Lordy lordy lordy.....this chap is just going to have to go and try some now and then he will see how brilliant they are ...and then he will come back on and post about the F word 24grm, TT or Golden and it will then be double trouble for me.....and i never mentioned it in the first place it was 'you'.

:laugh:

Oh Bollox ..............I wasn't thinking Nic, I am in deep doo doo's now.

But guess what .................................... I aint bothered :)

Don't worry...a mod will be along to delete us soon :wink:

Eley are very good too.

Do you think that evened things up satisfactorily Nic ???

PS - "evened" that doesn't look like a word to me but sounded right in my head :)

Express 24 gram are very often more expensive than 28's. I think it's probably because 28 gram still represents the real volume business so that is where the offers tend to be, probably the same reason that they are only available in 7.5 shot.

Hotshot

never really looked at express prices seems strange to pay more for less but you must be right it must be down to volume of sales. Maybe fiocchi sell and make more 24g loads ? Or there not as greedy either way they are Defo cheaper that there 28g afaik

Hotshot

never really looked at express prices seems strange to pay more for less but you must be right it must be down to volume of sales. Maybe fiocchi sell and make more 24g loads ? Or there not as greedy either way they are Defo cheaper that there 28g afaik
Possibly because the majority of their trap cartridges are for O.T.

Possibly because the majority of their trap cartridges are for O.T.
For Jessicaaaaaaaaaaa :wink:

She might change her gun....but she ain't changing her shells :laugh:

Last edited:
Don't worry...a mod will be along to delete us soon :wink:

You're in luck, I have the builders in

stock-photo-team-of-construction-workers-working-with-delete-button-on-a-computer-keyboard-87938587.jpg

Just checked my local suppliers prices for Express and Fiocchi (oops, now I've said it!!) and 24g are consistently £5>8 per 1,000 cheaper than the equivalent 28g.

Think your dealer is taking the pi55 !!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck DT ........... join Nic and I on the step me old mate :)

Oh heck DT ........... join Nic and I on the step me old mate :)
You'd better make it big enough for me too.

Just remembered that last year Eley First in 24 gram were more expensive than 28 gram. This was at Kelbrook who had obviously done a good deal with Eley. If I remember rightly the 28 gram fibre wad were around £10 per thousand cheaper than 24 gram Plastics.

Latest posts

Back