Beretta dt 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

New dt11 won't fire second barrel if I select to fire top first ( works fine firing bottom first) it will fire if I flick the selecter other details only around 200 shells thru it I well be bringing it back to the shop but it's a pain any ideas ?

I had an issue with my 686e with a 'sticky inertia block' that had similar symptoms - gunsmith took about 30 mins to fix it, and clean out the action.

Hope this helps and you get back out shooting soon with it...

Matt

Thanks matt I don't normally change barrels but the second bird of the pair was only 10yrds out other than that I'd never have found the problem didn't expect to find that on a brand new dt other than that i was enjoy my new toy just disappointed. I pulled the stock off the inertia block movies freely no grit or grinding the trigger and action is spotless ( was thinking cause it was new there might have been grease gumming it up) but no it's clean and only lightly oiled, not going to thinker any more than that incase I voide warranty,

Clever has a point but even with light loads it should still fire both barrels unless they have written a clause that effect. :)

prob some gunge somewere that you just cant see.

No it's not recoil related even with snap caps gave it a bump on d floor to reset but still won't for some resin as I said it works fine firing bottom barrel first I'm at a loss

Gunsmith should be able to sort this out quickly for you...

Agree, be a 4 wks wait if you send it to Gmk going off recent reports. See if whoever you bought it from will have a look.

I'm in ireland the retailer I got it from has a Resident gun smith and comes well recommended its just a hassle but its the road il have to go thanks for the replys was just putting it out there to see if there was any fix I could do myself

Sorry pal no idea but i am sure its easy sorted by a gun mechanic :)

Rather than take the stock off, take the trigger group out (push safety right forward, past safe, will be stiff, then open gun a bit then pull trigger out)

Look at the spring and plunger that pops out of the back of the inertia block and rides against the trigger "bar",  Make sure it is freely moving etc..maybe even try and wear it in a bit.  If that spring doesn't move freely, it will prevent the inertia block from moving backwards, which means it cant flip over to the other sear.

Also look at how it operates.  I just stripped and rebuilt a DT10 trigger a few days ago, so I feel your pain!

Thanks skeet I did that first before I removed the stock the inertia block movies back and side ways freely I removed the stock so I could see if the selector was moving the Inertia block properly from one hammer to the other I worked it by hand for about 5min but didn't do any good would you say it's Definitely the inertia block r could something be amiss with the trigger ?

You need to try and replicate the problem, and really look at what happens, take notice of the selector lever (inside), the bit that drops down into the inertia block etc.  Really speaking, you should take it back to the shop and have the gunsmith sort it for you.

Disappointing to hear of such a problem on what is a prestige competition gun for Beretta at £5k plus.

Knocked my confidence in them somewhat - whatever happened to quality control and perhaps dealers should fire all guns and do a sort of Pre Delivery Inspection test to weed out such issues which may well arise from the long transit from Italy and getting bumped about on the way.  Vibration can loosen nuts and bolts etc. 

I agree with you Robert I traded in a 867 that I got new 15 years ago never missed a heart beat was never serviced just basic cleaning that's why I had so much confidence in beretta, I do like the dt11 and I'm hoping it just a minor thing

I am beretta through and through but having had many many over the years i have to say the quality recently seems to have dropped. The 80s and 90s 682s i would say are the best and of course the ase.

Was looking at a clean ase gold nice gun but only 28 inch barrels iv heard a lot of story's about dt10s giving troble but I know guys that have some Serious shells thru them and not one fault the dt11 seems like a well put together gun fingers crossed

post-541-0-48928800-1371288755.jpg
Don't know if this works I'm on iPhone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back