Perazzi MX2000

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Just been to look at SH MX2000 Trap.silver action inlaid gold mx2000 on it.Upgraded lovely wood.29 1/2 barrels.Removable trigger unit,but fitted with coil springs not flat.Is this unusual? would you notice the difference in crispness of pulls?(bearing in mind I've shot Browning Mirokus for 20 years!) are they a more difficult to replace?

Any comments on trigger and what to look for on Perazzi in general much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not unusual to see drop out triggers with coil springs but v springs are far more common. Coils have an advantage cos if they break the triggers keep working, not so with the v spring units. V's are pretty easy to replace so long as you have a spares kit handy. Coils probably best left to a smith as they are not easy to compress. As for trigger crispness, no discernible difference IMHO and I currently own both types. P triggers are about as good as it gets, period! You can date the gun by looking at the 2 letters in the square proof mark on the underside of the monobloc see the attached:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=73492

Things to look out for are barrel pitting as bores are not chromed, looseness in the action, cracks or splits in the wood around the action tang or on the underside of the stock at the back of the trigger unit(usually only a problem with drop out trigger guns). Make sure serial no.s on the action, barrels, forend iron and trigger unit(where removable) all match up. If not then then ask why, Perazzis have interchangeable parts and some end up being bits of this and bits of that...... Not that this is a disaster, just means that you should reflect this in the price paid.

Other than that they are brilliant guns and with proper care and maintenance will last you a lifetime.

Steve

Thanks Madmillie,excellent post.Anyone else out there good or bad points,great to hear peoples unbiased views. Thanks again.FARMER

Just been to look at SH MX2000 Trap.silver action inlaid gold mx2000 on it.Upgraded lovely wood.29 1/2 barrels.Removable trigger unit,but fitted with coil springs not flat.Is this unusual? would you notice the difference in crispness of pulls?(bearing in mind I've shot Browning Mirokus for 20 years!) are they a more difficult to replace?

Any comments on trigger and what to look for on Perazzi in general much appreciated. Thanks.
Perazzi's are great guns! I've had three of them but I just could not really get on with any of them, so back to Miroku every time! Yes they have great trigger pulls, but in the heat of the moment I really cannot say that I noticed ,it's a lot different to pulling the triggers when in a gun shop! I wish I could say that I had no trouble with my Perazzi's, but I did, quite a lot of trouble in fact. A lot of Perazzi trap guns will have seen a fair amount of very hard work, so check for cracks in the wood in the grip/action area, also check for loose ribs and trigger units that do not seem to be a tight fit. As mentioned previously, the barrels can pit with hard use and neglect, actions can be loose and some can even get pitting on the action face too. If you can find a nice one at the right money and you can shoot it, well it may be a good buy. Try a few before you buy one though,because the handling is so totally different to what you have been using.

Perazzis are brilliant guns. The one thing that I'm told that you need to be careful of with the removable coil spring trigger unit is to not pull the trigger when it's out of the gun as if you do you'll have springs and bits flying all over the place.

Tim Greenwood told me this and he's worked on more Perazzis than you could shake a stick at.

Has the gun been multi choked? If so check the barrel walls behind the chokes as this can corrode if they haven't been cleaned properly, I actually had one that this had happened to and didn't notice it when I bought it. This is worse than barrel pitting as obviously there isn't much metal in this area.

Perazzis are often referred to as the Ferrari of shotguns. Like Ferraris the handling is brilliant but you need a very good mechanic (gunsmith) to keep them running properly. Also spares and servicing are expensive.

As Les says very different to what you've been shooting so make sure that you try before you buy.

Thanks for the posts everyone,I'm learning all the time.Any other comments much appreciated.

Thanks all again for taking the time.FARMER

The posts already made are helpful. The same rules apply as with any gun as far as overall condition is concerned. I would urge you to try the gun before you commit. Make sure your hand sits properly and comfortably around the pistol grip. Perazzi's don't have an adjustable trigger blade which can sometimes mean you fitting the gun instead of the other way round. Also, unless you're buying the gun to shoot Olympic trap disciplines, factor in the cost of multi choking.

Thanks for the posts everyone,I'm learning all the time.Any other comments much appreciated.

Thanks all again for taking the time.FARMER
Just another bit of advice, which I was given and took no notice of several times and it is this...DO NOT sell your current gun until you KNOW that you can get on with the Perazzi. If I had taken notice of that bit of advice it would have saved me a lot of time, money and trouble!!!!

So barrels are not chrome lined and triggers arent adjustable oh and trigger springs break for fun so you need to carry spares. Um they sound a great :)

think i will stick with beretta which do and do and dont

So barrels are not chrome lined and triggers arent adjustable oh and trigger springs break for fun so you need to carry spares. Um they sound a great :)

think i will stick with beretta which do and do and dont
I broke a spring on my DT10 when I had it Ian, but it was only the one in five years, so not too bad really! BUT I have never had a spring, or any other failure on a Miroku in eerrrr, well never to be honest. Mind you my triggers are not adjustable, but at least it stops me fiddling with the things. As yet I've not even fiddled with the adjustable comb on the MK38,just set it and forgot it.

Your a stronger willed man than me les. If it can be fiddled with i will fiddle with it ... Ooh Er Mrs

Your a stronger willed man than me les. If it can be fiddled with i will fiddle with it ... Ooh Er Mrs
Ian I was a little worried when I got that adjustable stock, but I really have sort of forgotten about it, I've no idea why though. I've had adjustable thingys before on guns, mainly triggers and some chokes,and I have fiddled like a bloody violinist, so I stayed away from such gadgets for many years. I'm not sure about "stronger willed" Ian, it could be that I have become absent minded!!!! Who am I? What am I doing here? Where am I? :laugh:

Sorry Roger but Tim is talking tosh about pulling trigger when a properly working unit is out of the gun. I've done it loads of times and never seen any parts flying anywhere. Tim must have been referring to a trigger unit which was already damaged/broken before trigger was pulled.

274368 you can get an adjustable trigger if you specify, retro fit or are lucky enough to get a gun with one already fitted.

274368 you can get an adjustable trigger if you specify, retro fit or are lucky enough to get a gun with one already fitted.
That is one of Perazzi's best points, the fact that you can specify/get just about anything you want, but in my case it was sadly not enough! :fie:

In the last 20 years or so I've had one spring break in my Perazzis and that was just a couple yrs ago.  That was a gun made in 1976 and the spring was likely original.

Except for the spring type Perazzi internals are all the same.  IMO anyone saying they can tell the difference is superhuman - maybe even better than that.  I know I certainly can't.

For me, the Perazzi is the one.  They don't make me a champ but they do make me happy.  But that's just me of course.  And all those people that win most everything hahaha

Charlie

Had a couple of Perazzi's in my time, nowt much wrong with either of them to be honest. Very nice to shoot, and very good triggers.

Phil*

Latest posts

Back