ORSTON SHOOTING GROUND

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenW

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice footage watch Mr Faulds at the end so little gun movement and yet so brilliant.

The guy shooting the driven on stand 3 looked like he was going to fall over every time he pulled the trigger

Looks a fabulous place.

Would love to know what cartridges the chap from 1.40 in was using just to make sure I never buy any !!!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a fabulous place.

Would love to know what cartridges the chap from 1.40 in was using just to make sure I never buy any !!!

DT
It's a lovely ground. Probably the best maintained that I've been to. I was actually standing behind the young chap that you are referring to and what you obviously couldn't see in the video was that his gun had a solid metal heel plate. I thought it looked a bit thumpy ,didn't see what cartridges he was using.

Looks a fabulous place.

DT

Nicola said:
That is the poor soul that started me looking at the recoil as well....
Jeez that is vicious, Looks to me like he has an Isis recoil reducer fitted too :( those are some shells

Chris C manages it, but he is kinda unique :) I think what makes it look worse apart from the poor mount is the big drop in the barrels under recoil, someone with a better understanding of pitch could probably put me right but seems to me the gun could do with some adjustment too.

Chris C manages it, but he is kinda unique :) I think what makes it look worse apart from the poor mount is the big drop in the barrels under recoil, someone with a better understanding of pitch could probably put me right but seems to me the gun could do with some adjustment too.
You won't adjust a gun to mount on an arm!

Glad you all like Orston,it's my local ground so I shoot there most weeks on Wednesdays.

My only improvements would be more sporting stands available in the week and that it wasn't so flat but that has its advantages as I am now a knackered old fart so no Doveridge type hill climbs !.

Vic.

Had another look at this video and another observation about the chap shooting from 1.40 onwards (apart from the vicious recoil). On the first barrel the muzzle flip is upwards and the second barrel it's downwards ?? Not sure how that one works

Ho hum.

DT

I could be wrong(probably am)but some folk flick there gun to make the leed,and this is what your seeing on the dropper, if the film was slowed right down muzzle flip would probably be seen going up seperatly from the flick to leed the dropper.To me it looks like a agresive style rather than massive recoil.   

One of my localish grounds. Always made welcome, good targets and very well kept grounds.

Oh, let's not forget the good food and proper coffee!

Phil

I've been to this ground twice, I'm a skeet shooter and their skeet range is good, but their sporting is definitely the best in the Nottinghamshire area. Although I've shot it on a police shoot I've been told it's a lot harder when it's not set up for a police shoot!

Latest posts

Back