BenW

ORSTON SHOOTING GROUND

BenW

Edited by BenW

maddmatt

Great video, ground looks like a good place to visit as well.

• Like 1

Shaun Hopkins

Nice footage watch Mr Faulds at the end so little gun movement and yet so brilliant.

Adam

But not that brilliant on Sunday

• Like 2

Adam

The guy shooting the driven on stand 3 looked like he was going to fall over every time he pulled the trigger

Dog Tyred

Looks a fabulous place.

Would love to know what cartridges the chap from 1.40 in was using just to make sure I never buy any !!!

DT

Hotshot100

Looks a fabulous place.

Would love to know what cartridges the chap from 1.40 in was using just to make sure I never buy any !!!

DT

It's a lovely ground. Probably the best maintained that I've been to. I was actually standing behind the young chap that you are referring to and what you obviously couldn't see in the video was that his gun had a solid metal heel plate. I thought it looked a bit thumpy ,didn't see what cartridges he was using.

Macc Ladd

My mate shot there for the first time on Sunday, recons it's a superb ground. We will be back! And we live in west Wales

• Like 1

Fuzrat

Looks a fabulous place.

DT

That is the poor soul that started me looking at the recoil as well....

Jeez that is vicious, Looks to me like he has an Isis recoil reducer fitted too :( those are some shells

Will Hewland

Jeez that is vicious, Looks to me like he has an Isis recoil reducer fitted too :( those are some shells

It isn't the shells, it's the terrible gun mount. Right on his arm..

Fuzrat

Chris C manages it, but he is kinda unique :) I think what makes it look worse apart from the poor mount is the big drop in the barrels under recoil, someone with a better understanding of pitch could probably put me right but seems to me the gun could do with some adjustment too.

Will Hewland

Chris C manages it, but he is kinda unique :) I think what makes it look worse apart from the poor mount is the big drop in the barrels under recoil, someone with a better understanding of pitch could probably put me right but seems to me the gun could do with some adjustment too.

You won't adjust a gun to mount on an arm!

VicW

Glad you all like Orston,it's my local ground so I shoot there most weeks on Wednesdays.

My only improvements would be more sporting stands available in the week and that it wasn't so flat but that has its advantages as I am now a knackered old fart so no Doveridge type hill climbs !.

Vic.

• Like 1

dr. lecter

as above my local too ,  its superb in all depts.   open wed , sat, sun ,  well worth a trip  ,  good shop too + food .

Dog Tyred

Had another look at this video and another observation about the chap shooting from 1.40 onwards (apart from the vicious recoil). On the first barrel the muzzle flip is upwards and the second barrel it's downwards ?? Not sure how that one works

Ho hum.

DT

paul b

I could be wrong(probably am)but some folk flick there gun to make the leed,and this is what your seeing on the dropper, if the film was slowed right down muzzle flip would probably be seen going up seperatly from the flick to leed the dropper.To me it looks like a agresive style rather than massive recoil.   

• Like 1

RobertBeard

First time I've seen this and the ground is fabulous and a great video too!

PhilS

One of my localish grounds. Always made welcome, good targets and very well kept grounds. Oh, let's not forget the good food and proper coffee! Phil

Tom Tristram

I've been to this ground twice, I'm a skeet shooter and their skeet range is good, but their sporting is definitely the best in the Nottinghamshire area. Although I've shot it on a police shoot I've been told it's a lot harder when it's not set up for a police shoot!

BenW

that's an updated video

Geordieboy

Another good Video Ben.  Good to see Emma in action again as well!  We must catch up at some point chum.

I like Orston as well. Great ground!

• Like 1

BenW

Cheers mate, been a while

Rupert

Went sunday, shoot was spoil by 6 stands throwing clays thru the sun, one i walked away, just too bright, I agree with all the comments above about the upkeep etc but this is the second time in a month one of our group has had the day spoilt by this problem, its not like they lacking space and potential direction to avoid this, That sun thing. been passing there for thousands of years. After raising this with staff  the three of us wont return till at least april.

• Like 4

Jonny English
3 hours ago, Rupert said:

Went sunday, shoot was spoil by 6 stands throwing clays thru the sun, one i walked away, just too bright, I agree with all the comments above about the upkeep etc but this is the second time in a month one of our group has had the day spoilt by this problem, its not like they lacking space and potential direction to avoid this, That sun thing. been passing there for thousands of years. After raising this with staff  the three of us wont return till at least april.

The sun wasn't the biggest problem, somebody decided to set off a huge firework in the car park. The management was not impressed and demanded the culprits came forward as they had cctv of them. My mates were there and said it was like a bomb going off. Not good at all!

Rupert
8 hours ago, Jonny English said:

The sun wasn't the biggest problem, somebody decided to set off a huge firework in the car park. The management was not impressed and demanded the culprits came forward as they had cctv of them. My mates were there and said it was like a bomb going off. Not good at all!

Thats just plain stupidity,  i must have left before that happened, "Seen you on CCTV" Hmmm.