New Game?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoop

Because of recent events where the powers that be cannot agree on what or whom has the right to use certain words in describing shooting games, I have a proposal; a new shooting discipline.  The new game will consist of multiple layouts wherein clays are shot from multiple “Hoops”  (a little self avatar-serving I admit) from multiple machines inside of a “layout” and multiple “layouts” inside of a shooting ground to make up a “tournament”. Targets will come as singles, then as pairs, wait those may be unusable terms. Targets will be thrown as "Lonesomes" then "Togethers".  The ready position will be from low gun position  26 cm below the shoulder, and 28.5 gram loads will be used.  The shooter cannot move or address the clay before he or she sees it and there will be “officials” or “enforcers” “cops” to enforce the rules.  The targets can be as far and as fast as the target setter sees fit and one must wear shoes and some sort of pants, or shorts, just enough so we don’t see the goods.

We will need a name, Grand Prix Clays, F1 Clays, Premier Clays, Ultra Clays,  Sausagefest, Tourny-Clays, I really don’t care. 

As an homage (they don't own that as well do they?) to the salutation on the official "yeer out!" letter all participants will be known as "friend shooters".  Frightening, I know. 

No clown horns, and the first “tournament” should be held in Ireland. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had to choose between FITASC and ICTSF then the smart money is on FITASC.....they invented the game...they actually are a World body.  (Not pretenders to the throne).

And without doubt it does not matter what you call it....what you have described is 100% Fitasc Parcours de Chasse.

Simples.......

p.s. And you never never ever want to get tied up in a fight in a French court.........hahahahahaha even i would not go there hahahahhaa

Your right!  I do not want to ever end up in a French court. But, I love to shoot FITAs….that was a close one. So I will see you at Sausagefest 2014 in Limerick. 

They (French) invented the game, really I didn't know that!

According to lots of web history stories, this was the earliest I've found. The French may have developed it as an International game but do they 'own' it?

Sporting Clays started in the 1880's in England where they used glass balls filled with feathers to practice game hunting. This type of shooting was not only popular with the rich land owners who could afford to hunt, but it was also popular among the less-well-to-do who could not afford the cost of pheasant hunting on game preserves and estates. When the clay target, similar to what we know today, was developed organized sporting clays in England was started.  It quickly gained popularity in England, enough so that in 1927 the 1st British Open Sporting Clays Championship was held.

With their lastest carryon they are ruining it, not developing and promoting it as an International game thats for sure.

French = dickheads. Nuff said. (Except the lovely mrs Rutherford, she's super).

6qsk.jpg

Q:: Why do the French navy have glass bottomed boats.

A:: So they can see the rest of the fleet..

BOOM BOOM..

FITASC disciplines owned by and started by FITASC Paris......true story.

English sporting is just that......English......just saying :laugh:

I gather FITASC want total and exclusive use of the  word 'Sporting'.

I'm sure they put together some rules different to other shotgun sports, but does that give you exclusive right to a word that was around long before them.

FITASC claims to be a 'World body' but will not hold World Championships in countries that will not return them maximum $$$$$ every year.

We were very interested in NZ to hold a Worlds at some stage, but were told NO way as you will not get around the 1,000 shooters required.

So much for promoting and developing the sport as an International event. I will watch this AGM with much interest and see they alienate themselves from even more countries.

Don't get me wrong I shoot and love FITASC shooting, have attended several Worlds enjoyed every minute of it, but I think they are getting to autocratic and ignoring the very people they are suposed to support.

I gather FITASC want total and exclusive use of the  word 'Sporting'.

I'm sure they put together some rules different to other shotgun sports, but does that give you exclusive right to a word that was around long before them.

FITASC claims to be a 'World body' but will not hold World Championships in countries that will not return them maximum $$$$$ every year.

We were very interested in NZ to hold a Worlds at some stage, but were told NO way as you will not get around the 1,000 shooters required.

So much for promoting and developing the sport as an International event. I will watch this AGM with much interest and see they alienate themselves from even more countries.

Don't get me wrong I shoot and love FITASC shooting, have attended several Worlds enjoyed every minute of it, but I think they are getting to autocratic and ignoring the very people they are suposed to support.
You are correct, the word "Sporting" is indeed the issue.

There is already a 'World Sporting' and has been for many years......it is Fitasc and they will protect that through the courts......and I would too if I was them.

If the ICTSF wishes to hold English Sporting world championships every year then call it just that. I was on the board at the time this ICTSF came to our doors.....and it cause a lot of trouble clashing with the USA/CPSA existing Worlds...!

If you all want to play at sporting 'abroad' then the game you have is Fitasc.

English sporting was not an international game (apart from the biannual event) until the ICTSF started poking its nose in. Now it is getting its nose slapped. :laugh: by Fitasc.

Fitasc has a great way of dealing with awkward countries or groups of countries who break rules or copyrights.......it bans then...!

Then all the shooters in those countries are offered a guest membership.

I have always thought that FITASC should have direct membership and then the serious international shooter who was not bothered about a team place....did not need to be a member of their home countries federations.

I can tell you that if Fitasc ever offered the option of being a direct member of Fitasc Paris......I and many others, would be out of the Cpsa like lightening.

........VERY TRUE STORY.....!!!

(No time to edit post for typos so do your best to understand peeps :smile: )

Friend Shooters, Friend Shooters, Friend Shooters; C'était une blague!

Je vais à un événement FITASC dès que possible. Laissez-les poursuivre en justice!

Ou

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Matt Rutherford's Wife has got her wish then????????????

Translation:-

Jervis's pavement is uneven,   the FITASC queue is possible Lazy Les  is pursuing justice

Quails management are eating bread.

Say what about my wife?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

Friend Shooters, Friend Shooters, Friend Shooters; C'était une blague!

Je vais à un événement FITASC dès que possible. Laissez-les poursuivre en justice!

Ou

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.
Whatever :laugh:

" Say what about my wife? " 

That the comments are now in French!

Perhaps with the rise to power of FITASC and the demise of our national association we should all learn French?

How do you/we wrestle power away from the French? Wow, I bet that hasn't been said in a long time. 

Latest posts

Back