MK 38 30" barrels adjustable stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Thinking of switching to this from my Silver Pigeon mainly because comb is too low...seems to be a common theme having read some of the other threads.

Anyone got any comments - good or bad? Particularly interested in if it feels a heavy gun and any issues with recoil or whacking myself in the face with a higher stock...never had problems before but keen to keep it that way.

Thanks.... 

Thinking of switching to this from my Silver Pigeon mainly because comb is too low...seems to be a common theme having read some of the other threads.

Anyone got any comments - good or bad? Particularly interested in if it feels a heavy gun and any issues with recoil or whacking myself in the face with a higher stock...never had problems before but keen to keep it that way.

Thanks.... 
They are not a particularly heavy gun. You are more likely to get a smack in the face, or more probably the cheek bone, from a gun with a comb that is too angled (low).

Make sure that you set up the comb as parallel as possible to the rib, the height that you set this will depend on discipline being shot' this then allows any rearward movement (recoil) to be more or less in a straight line with the cheekbone instead of hitting it at an angle.

Hope this all makes sense and is helpful. 

Trap guns are especially beneficial to the fairer sex because of their build.

Last edited by a moderator:
A well balanced gun with the weight evenly distributed between the hand's will feel lighter than the same unbalanced gun. 

Thanks.... 
MK38 is a great gun for the money, totally different feel to what you have been using. If looked after properly, a Miroku will last a lifetime and more! It's not a particularly heavy gun, but it's no lightweight either, go for it, it's a great gun.

MK38 is a great gun for the money, totally different feel to what you have been using. If looked after properly, a Miroku will last a lifetime and more! It's not a particularly heavy gun, but it's no lightweight either, go for it, it's a great gun.
Agreed, love mine (albeit without the adj stock).

comes to the shoulder very well and doesn't feel heavy when mounted.

go on, you know you want to  :crazy:

Thanks for all the feedback guys....I did indeed go for it and shot a 67/100 today on a very sunny IOW....not a dissimilar score to what I would have expected with the Silver Pigeon. Mainly 6,7 and 8's with two 2's on the first two stands...after which point I nearly gave up!! But I persevered.....

Initial thoughts are that the fore end feels quite chunky in my (obviously) very dainty girlie hands but think I probably won't even notice after a few rounds, there does feel to be a bit more recoil (but maybe more to do with the 400 rounds I shot yesterday at a Simulated Day!) and I tended to shoot a little high...guessing I had taught myself that little trick to compensate for my gun not fitting properly before. That was what was happening on the first two stands anyway...

Plan is to now get out and do some proper practice, no scoring, just working on technique and sight picture differences so I can get my first 80 and into B class by September!!

Jaykaysea x

I shoot a MK38 trap, first thing I did was change the forend, trap guns have a beaver tail forend which is too think for me, so I put a schnabel forend on, much better IMO, allows you get a good grip, apart from that its all standard

Latest posts

Back