Gil and Vicki Ash Are Coming to The UK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

From Houston, TX - OSP Shooting School, the premier leader of US shotgun shooting instruction ventures to England to shoot with shotgun enthusiasts while introducing their new KNOWLEDGE VAULT, a 24/7 interactive instructional website, worldwide!

World class shooting instructors Gil and Vicki Ash take their teaching to the next level and beyond with their innovative scientific approach that every shotgunner faces: slowing the birds down! See and understand how this amazing couple uses their 29,000 hours each of professional coaching to give an "eye-opening", comprehensive method to slowing birds down, both in the field and on the range.

Having authored 11 books, with 4 more in the pipeline, and hundreds of articles in publications worldwide, this sought-after, dynamic duo teaches the mental aspects, as well as the mechanical performance of wing shooting to their students. But the teaching doesn’t stop there; after producing 6 instructional DVD’s and an ever-expanding library of video animation, the Ash’s can illustrate where your eyes are supposed to be when the gun is inserted into the sight picture, literally showing students how to make the birds appear to slow down, leading to successful shooting.

The training days will be held at the excellent Grange Farm Sporting Clays in Desford, Leicestershire, with two full shoot days on Friday 27th September and Sunday 29th September – and a seminar day in between for those that want to focus on the theory, with the opportunity to shoot the sporting course afterwards.

Each full shoot day costs £445 and the Seminar day £175 – with a portion of the proceeds going to the Disabled Shooting Association

The training day package will include:

• Eight hours tuition (in small groups of 5) from Americas most experienced coaches, who each have over 29000 hours of Sporting tuition under their belt
  • All instructional targets included up to 200 (pay and play option available)
  • Breakfast, Hot Lunch and Refreshments throughout the day
  • Online access to the OSP Knowledge Vault for 12 months
  • Entry into a draw for prizes including a £130 pair of Muller Chokes (courtesy of justchoking.co.uk), £150 worth of Oakley Shooting Glasses and a Sports Vision assessment worth £200 (courtesy of Flint and Partners Optometrists) – with only 10 people in a day, this is a great chance to win an excellent value prize.
  • Anyone who books two shooting days in advance will receive a set of Predator Pro Ear Defenders worth $300
Payment can be taken in full or a £250 deposit is required to reserve a place. The balance to be paid 30 days afterwards.

With support from Oakley, Krieghoff, Muller, Rio and Blaze Publishing, this is going to be a great event - of the original 20 places, there are only 13 now left available!

PM me if you would like to book your place!

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fantastic!  Glad to hear that visit came together.  Well worth the time and tuition let alone some chuckles along the way.

Cheers,

Danny

I have no doubt that some will initially be put off by the price of this but personally I think that its fantastic news. I've long been a fan of the Ash's books and have found their techniques very applicable to certain sporting targets and consequently often contemplated the merits of going over to the USA to attend one of their clinics. Thankfully now that they are UK bound this is no longer a financial hurdle that needs to be overcome :)

I was lucky enough to be invited to be a beta tester of The Knowledge Vault and thus far it seems to be a fantastic resource of information including all of their DVDs, books and interactive animations on making what they are explaining even easier to understand. I know that they charge something in the region of $400/year for membership to that alone, making the initial shock of a £400+ a day fee much easier to swallow.

I like that fact that this is going to be focused on small groups of five per teacher as I am sure that each of the practical days will feature a lot of information and the luxury of being able to watch others perform under similar instruction will certainly help some to learn and absorb the information.

I'm also a fan of Grange Farm and am sure that Adam will put on a course suitably testing for the day.

Thanks to Ed Lyons for making this happen and I'm looking forward to meeting the Ash's in September!

Omg!!! I can't wait to see the write ups having seen these in action and the price of it. Think wisely the methods used in USA are not applicable here and don't work.
Let's not get too "Proper" Gents...Remember..."There are NO advanced techniques ONLY advanced applications"

So I wonder Why when the methods work in Spain, Italy, Check Rep, Greece, Argentina, Nicaragua, Columbia,Paraguay,Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Canada, Alaska, Mexico,South Africa, India, Netherlands,  to just name a few........that they won't work in UK???

BTW when did we have a lesson together?......have you read any of our books or articles or even looked at our web site?...... and with respect to methods we can shoot all methods right and left handed with both eyes open......as you may find that hard to believe ask ED.....he and Adam were shooting and studding with us for 6 or 7 days not long ago.......(got me addicted to Guinness).......the one thing they both will tell you is that the 30,000 hours EACH of experience we have and the money and time we have spent in research and teaching thousands and thousands of shooters some of which we HAVE NEVER MET..... and the conclusions we have come to are all scientifically based and the methods we teach will make the birds slow down and eliminate visual confusion AS THE GUN INSERTS INTO THE PICTURE.......let me be the first to issue you and all a personal invitation to come to the seminar and see for yourself ......oh and if you are who i think you are then be assured when you have been in our country we have always encouraged our clientele to take lessons from you and be assured we are on the Same K team and  as a result I personally invite you to the seminar......who knows you just might learn something....We will be discussing Neural suppression and HOW TO CREATE IT at length and why elite performers such as yourself  see at a different level than others....it just might prove interesting to all AND WOULD WELCOME YOUR INPUT.....if you want to get a head start consult Joan Vickers' "Quiet Eye Phenomenon" ......hope to see you there.......GIL ASH

Gil.....I have 'The Quiet Eye' book.....I fail to see its uses other than prove its crucial to hold focus on the target,which we all know anyway....help? :)

I think Ben could have been a little more subtle.

What I think he was trying to say was that we have far better coaches in the UK.

i had a look at some of gills videos,then had a go at his method of inserting the gun in front of the clay,and came to the conclution  that this method is rubish so just to put my mind at ease with the style i use i had a look at the master george digweed on you tube with a barrell cam and he like me comes from behind the clay, through it and pulls the trigger.And none of that cost two weaks wages.

I think what we need is a little perspective.

Not every method suits every shooter, and not every product or service is within everyone's budget.

There are some great threads here discussing technique and method, but often degenerate into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9mfZbTFbk

Additionally, as most coaches start around £60 per hour not including targets, or one of Adam Curtis's breakfast rolls, I think the price is pretty much spot on!

So I wonder Why when the methods work in Spain, Italy, Check Rep, Greece, Argentina, Nicaragua, Columbia,Paraguay,Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Canada, Alaska, Mexico,South Africa, India, Netherlands,  to just name a few........that they won't work in UK???

BTW when did we have a lesson together?......have you read any of our books or articles or even looked at our web site?...... and with respect to methods we can shoot all methods right and left handed with both eyes open......as you may find that hard to believe ask ED.....he and Adam were shooting and studding with us for 6 or 7 days not long ago.......(got me addicted to Guinness).......the one thing they both will tell you is that the 30,000 hours EACH of experience we have and the money and time we have spent in research and teaching thousands and thousands of shooters some of which we HAVE NEVER MET..... and the conclusions we have come to are all scientifically based and the methods we teach will make the birds slow down and eliminate visual confusion AS THE GUN INSERTS INTO THE PICTURE.......let me be the first to issue you and all a personal invitation to come to the seminar and see for yourself ......oh and if you are who i think you are then be assured when you have been in our country we have always encouraged our clientele to take lessons from you and be assured we are on the Same K team and  as a result I personally invite you to the seminar......who knows you just might learn something....We will be discussing Neural suppression and HOW TO CREATE IT at length and why elite performers such as yourself  see at a different level than others....it just might prove interesting to all AND WOULD WELCOME YOUR INPUT.....if you want to get a head start consult Joan Vickers' "Quiet Eye Phenomenon" ......hope to see you there.......GIL ASH
Sorry but the line where Ed and Adam went and "studded" for days

no one is going to learn a new shooting technique on the web even ours but would be curious to know what you did that did not work......just curious.........truly interested......had a skype with several shooters that are coming to the event and they seemed to pick it up ......would be glad to do same for you......just remember ......it is not what you know that makes you better.......it is what you are willing to learn......at least that is what we have found....looking forward to trying to help......pls do lemeno Paul.....i am genuine in my words......GA

Gil, aside from the additional instruction time what are the main benefits to booking both of the practical instruction days as opposed to just one?

"Slowing the bird down" what ever next?

Back