Fabarm XLR 5 Velocity

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

Saw one of these for the first time on Tuesday and was quite impressed. Unfortunately the gun had been ordered in for a well known Kent sporting shooter so looking was as far as I got.

Today however I walked in to the shop only to find that they now had another one in which belonged to the owners son in law. Meeting him on the shooting ground I of course couldn't resist his offer to have a go with it, well who would? All that I can say is what a brilliant gun, once you get over the very different sight picture created by the high rib and raised comb it is an absolute delight to shoot.

I shot 2 pairs with it ,missed one on the first pair and mullered the second pair. Scott shot 75 cartridges and only missed 3.

All in all a very nice bit of kit, quite expensive for an auto but not much more money than a standard grade over/under.

If any one's interested apparently Fabarm are doing some good deals on them at the moment.

Good to see you there today :)  , tis a nice looking set up isn't it? Nice weight, good comb set up and an adjustable rib for POI, you could just see Scott was going to get on with it as he likes high combs too. What was a little unusual was that it didn't at all look like the 32" barrel beast it was, often long automatics can look and feel unwieldy. 

My reservation is that being recoil operated it will have that Fabarm punch :mellow:  , I mentioned to Scott that a gas fed Beretta version might do well in numbers?

Good to see you there today :)  , tis a nice looking set up isn't it? Nice weight, good comb set up and an adjustable rib for POI, you could just see Scott was going to get on with it as he likes high combs too. What was a little unusual was that it didn't at all look like the 32" barrel beast it was, often long automatics can look and feel unwieldy. 

My reservation is that being recoil operated it will have that Fabarm punch :mellow:  , I mentioned to Scott that a gas fed Beretta version might do well in numbers?
No Hamid, not a bit of punch. I used some 24 gram and some 28's through it and couldn't tell which was which. At 8.5 pounds it shouldn't have any recoil. You're right what you say ,it doesn't look like a 32" monster.

Actually shooting it didn't feel like an auto, I think because of the depth of it, it felt more like an over/under.

Let me know next time you're going down there and as long as I'm free I'll meet you down there and bring the Ultra XTR.

Bought a 30 inch version last month and have shot it 5 times, a great soft shooting gun with crisp trigger pulls and very over and under like handling. Only criticism is the size of the comb very thick, but easy to get set up and used to.

Bought a 30 inch version last month and have shot it 5 times, a great soft shooting gun with crisp trigger pulls and very over and under like handling. Only criticism is the size of the comb very thick, but easy to get set up and used to.
Should have said that the one I shot was 32". Also agree that especially for a semi auto the trigger pulls must have been good as I would have noticed if they weren't.

Latest posts

Back