Modifying a MK38

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

I have a MK38 and these guns do not have any vent holes between the barrels, the only venting is in the rib. Does anyone know if its possible to change the solid pieces between the barrels to vented versions?

I was thinking of removing the centre rib on mine to take some weight out of the barrels, I ended up putting more lead in the stock instead. Cheaper and easier to change back if I didnt like it. @Hamster had the mid rib removed successfully on a Zoli I think it was. Give him a shout, and see if he can remember who did it for him :)

Or you could just get a krieghoff :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Hmmm go from a MK38 to a Kreeeghoff, so I chop mine in and still have to find £10,000, think not although I am open to being sponsored to shoot one :)

Hmm, I have ventilated barrels on mine and they still get blown around by the wind. I would suspect that the rib would need to be almost competely removed as per a Kreighoff, to allow enough wind to pass through.

Well now I have heard Gym and not long ago I read that Fuzrat was contemplating some warm up exercises which I had previously suggested but which was poopooed.

We are in danger of becoming athletes if we progress in this manner!

I have a MK38 and these guns do not have any vent holes between the barrels, the only venting is in the rib. Does anyone know if its possible to change the solid pieces between the barrels to vented versions?
It would be a case of drilling holes (and elongating them to your spec) which any decent gunsmith would be able to do. 

PS. my ideal gun would be ribless, to save weight and because they suffer less buffeting in windy conditions plus they look cool.

Talking of barrels Matt you never did tell me how much you were charged for the work on your forcing cones?

Might be cheaper to get some second hand B525 barrels that are already vented and pop them on, if you can find any, the mkII ones are lighter, backbored and invector plus chokes and vented as standard.

Well now I have heard Gym and not long ago I read that Fuzrat was contemplating some warm up exercises which I had previously suggested but which was poopooed.

We are in danger of becoming athletes if we progress in this manner!
Too much like hard work, deep heat and my back support will have to suffice :D all the exercise in the world wont mend my crucified lower back, too much time sitting in crappy old bus drivers seats :(

I was thinking of using the auto as a fence post in the garden :)
 Some autos handle like a fence post mine does not and it does not get blown about like an O/U when it's windy either.

My Kemen has vented barrels and the wind blows that about as well, so just get used to it with your Miroku.

Latest posts

Back