Hair Trigger?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspire

This has happened to me twice now.....once today and once about a month or so ago. Both times it has been while practicing thankfully,so hasn't cost me any targets.

I just touch the trigger,getting ready to take the shot and it goes off.

If you're wondering,my finger sits on the trigger guard until I've called for the target and once I've seen it,my finger moves to the trigger. I'm definitely not pulling the trigger. Going to get a gunsmith to take a look,but any ideas in the meantime? I had it serviced about 3-4 months ago.

What does trigger pull feel like with a snap cap in. Sounds like its been adjusted to light during service if you never did it before.

Trigger pulls are fine,last time it happened was about 2000 shells ago. Like I say,it's only happened twice.

Could be a reset issue, or a worn part, have you had any new parts fitted to the trigger?

No,it was just a general service,but I'd have thought they should have picked up on that?. I'm guessing you're probably right though.

I had a problem like that with an MX8 that I used to have, also had it with a DT10. I was getting double discharges as well, took the guns to a good gunsmith, who sorted the trouble out in no time at all.  In fact the MX8 would sometimes fire when I closed the gun, this is NOT something that is very popular of course!!!! Get your gun checked out before you use it again.

Cheers Les,I'll have to see if I can get it in somewhere this week.....busy weekend shooting ahead!

Cheers Les,I'll have to see if I can get it in somewhere this week.....busy weekend shooting ahead!
Gordon Swatton over at Bisley did my DT10 for me, I think Ladbrook and Langton did the MX8 if I remember correctly.

I also had this problem with my MX8. The sears had gone soft so the bite was wearing away very quickly. Tim Greenwood did mine for me by rehardening the sears. Not had a problem since.

Bit far out for me. I'll see if I can get it in somewhere local,if not,there's a gun maker based at Southdown,I'll let him take a look. Cheers

My advice would be to drop it in to Gordon Swotton at William Evans, which is on Bisley Camp. He has done a lot of trigger work for me in the past and is extremely good at his job.

My advice would be to drop it in to Gordon Swotton at William Evans, which is on Bisley Camp. He has done a lot of trigger work for me in the past and is extremely good at his job.
Yep he's one of the best mate!

I'm in Southampton Les.

Lots of recommendations for Gordon! It's just a time thing this week.

I'm in Southampton Les.

Lots of recommendations for Gordon! It's just a time thing this week.
If you do use him, he isn't big on giving you a firm collection time. He's good, but it's 'leave it with me ill call you'. Discuss schedule before you set off..

If you do use him, he isn't big on giving you a firm collection time. He's good, but it's 'leave it with me ill call you'. Discuss schedule before you set off..
 Sounds about right Will. I will say however, that if he says a day/time, then it's always done on time! AND...he's bloody good!!!

Latest posts

Back