Beretta ASE L questions......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

There is a 32" Beretta ASE L 'Sporter' that has just appeared on guntrader.

Does anybody know the history of this model ?

I know that it was the precursor to the DT10 and that the guns were built by the Custom Shop. Beretta eventually gave them up 'cause they were too expensive to produce. They made 300 ASE L's in various guises. There were also models called ASE 90 and ASE gold.

Some have Boehler barrels (worth more) some have the later Excelsior steel version.

I can't find out whether they actually made a sporter with 32" barrels ? If not; I guess this has to be a converted trap model. I'm told that DT10 barrels do not fit the ASE action -  so it cant have later Optima barrels..

It also has unusual engraving.......

The guy wants over £6 grand for it. Greenfields have a new one (30") for £9 grand.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

If I've publicised a gem and somebody else buys it first -  too bad.

Think you have pretty much covered everything there pal. Nothing else to add apart from 6k sounds a tad steep even for an ASE

£4000-4500 for a good one.
Fair price for a good one but be careful as these guns are now a minimum of 13 years old. If there are any problems with it they could be extremely expensive to put right.

I've just had a look at it on Guntrader. It looks alright it is probably one of the later ones that were made when someone at Beretta found a box of actions that they didn't know existed and made a limited run of guns of various specifications to use them up. This is probably why it has unusual engraving, I don't know what barrels they used on these could well be DT10 or SO ones which would explain why it is a 32" sporter.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks chaps -  very helpful.

As Hotshot pointed out, it seems (also info from various US websites) that some ASE models can accept DT10 barrels -  just to make things more complicated !

That's £1800 for one more inch. If you shoot 10k shells a year it would be 18p more per bang  :lol:  .

There is a 32" Beretta ASE L 'Sporter' that has just appeared on guntrader.

Does anybody know the history of this model ?

I know that it was the precursor to the DT10 and that the guns were built by the Custom Shop. Beretta eventually gave them up 'cause they were too expensive to produce. They made 300 ASE L's in various guises. There were also models called ASE 90 and ASE gold.

Some have Boehler barrels (worth more) some have the later Excelsior steel version.

I can't find out whether they actually made a sporter with 32" barrels ? If not; I guess this has to be a converted trap model. I'm told that DT10 barrels do not fit the ASE action -  so it cant have later Optima barrels..

Yes they did have 32" barrels and optima chokes :)  

I thought the ase had 31 and half barrels from that era ?

I would bye the ase gold,this looks like a much nicer gun.As I had one not long ago.
And it's all the real McCoy.The new Ase's just aren't.

Agreed

the ase gold is class from an era when beretta quality was top drawer

Chris Potter's got a 32" ASE Gold at £3,950. I would think that with no part ex you would be able to get a fair bit off that price too.

The ase ltd was not a forerunner to the dt10 .the 300 were produced in the so factory giving them a higher quality rating.the barrels are of excelsior and are interchangeable with the dt10 although forend will have different fit.they did produce 32 inch sport models with optima chokes.the engraving is signed by the master engraver.as there were only 300 made worldwide and all are different in some way they are unique.the one you are referring to on guntrader was made in 2007 and sold the following year.beretta like all major gunmakers would not have actions laying around that they had forgotten about these were specifically produced and priced accordingly.i have seen this particular gun and shot with it on many occasions as I am the owner.the pedigree and quality of this ase is second to none.as for the steel bohler and excelsior are company names in fact bohler do not manufacture any steel they are traders the steel used in beretta and all other premium makers is to their own spec and not shelf stock.

Latest posts

Back