100 Compak Sporting in Holland tomorrow

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

First comp tomorrow this year across the water!First test for the GTI, looking forward to it even know the weather forecast is not the best.Absolute gails here the last days, has clamed a little bit today but rain scheduled for tomorrow with strong winds although the temperature should go above 10 degrees which will be a small bonus! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Try my best can't wait to get shooting! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Will do and I hope it isn't like today 2 degrees and sleeting all day! Lovely! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Good luck matey............ text me the 'live' updates. Are you going with Robin?

Yes off with Robin 'Valentino The Viking' /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif We are off to try and smoke some clays with steel???? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Cracking day evening know it was extremely wet and a bit windy not the best conditions for shooting!!!!Started the day pretty well 1st layout 25 straight, which was nice! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Then 22, 22 and 23 so ended on 92 ex 100 so was well chuffed with that. Mr some silly dollies in places and without being greedy I thought someone else would bang in a 96 or something. They had a big entry at Weert 74 shooters with approx 12 or 13 squads.Managed to steel the show and right behind me was a 91,90 and some 89's. My friend Robin Visch shot very well and managed that luck no. 69 and came 3rd in C his first result so he was well chuffed also managing a couple of 20's at the end, nice one Robin!!! Hendrick another friend shot 89 so he had a pretty good day too!!! They did give out numerous cash prizes I think 9 cash prizes 1,2,3 in A,B and C and then 10 x 250 shells in a raffle for all those who took part!!! Not bad at all!!! 2nd shoot in 2012 and 2nd win so was pretty chuffed on the drive home! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Nicola the cash for your fund I promised is on the way!!! Etc pressure on me today couldn't let you down!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Glen.

Nice work Glen... and well done for sending those winnings into Nicolas fund!

The entry fee was 50€ for the 100 Compak.That is for all - no birds only that I know of.There are three Classes A,B,C no HG single pay out at this one some do have it but more in the bigger comps. 1st, 2nd, 3rd in A and then 1st - 5th in B and C The way they work the classes is they just cut in three places based on all the entries today so 74 entries So they take all the entries draw a line under 25 place say, and that is A Class, then the next 24 is B and so on for C.Then they pay out the places in the class cut offs as stated above. For 1st A overall HG what ever you want to call it I got 100€, Robin who was 3rd in C got 40€ Didn't think it was too bad the payouts I paid for me day! Bonus!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Then they had all the shells which they call a lottery. They take all names from the comp throw them in a hat and then draw them out! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Looking forward to the next one now in February!

What about the targets Glen? Any difference to what you would see in a Compak here?

Brilliant Glen....................your my hero :)Please do not put the lot in the fund............. a little token will be appreciated by them.How did they classify you? Or do you go in the normal 'estrangure' category ?

Not really to be honest there were a few tricky ones a lot more angled 1/4 away and also some very fast ones which you really need to be on the ball with! We had a pretty good battue on one layout, the there were a few longish incoming crows but they all peaked showing full face, I guess furthest target today was 60 yard max. We also had an orange midi off a bank crossing and diving from right to left across the pond layout, which if you didn't find it you were going to struggle on that layout. I guess you had on akward or reasonably tough target per layout which is enough really over 4 layout for everyone!  Was a good variation out there but no teal like we have, the rabbit was fairly close 15-20yards which got missed a lot! Glen.

Back