English Open at Doveridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Let us hope the weather stays fine for next weekend and that everyone has a thoroughly enjoyable competition.

It's a little sad that the Countries Premier Event can only offer a cash prize of £750 to the Winner especially when we are paying £51 Comp & £41 Birds only for a  100 bird competition.

Whilst at the same time our MissManagement embroil themselves in legal costs of £8055 in 2011, £24351 in 2012 and so far in 2013 over £32,000 and counting.

If only we could avoid litigation and tribunals, just look how healthy our sport could have been?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that I'm not entirely happy with members' subscription money being used to top up prize funds at shoots anyway.

I must admit that I'm not entirely happy with members' subscription money being used to top up prize funds at shoots anyway.
Quite agree but I'm even less pleased with the amount of it that's being wasted on needless legal costs. :spiteful: :spiteful:

Hopalong, I will be thinking of you. 

Received a very nice email off RobertBeard saying he had contacted you to put your mind at rest. Hope you have the blood pressure under control and everything goes Tickety Boo.

Thanks Salopian, BP is fine and dandy, must have been the relaxation of the shoot at Oakedge that evening, hopping to shoot this evening (should that be 1 or 2 'P's ??

thanks for the good wishes, see you soon, regards, Gra.

Growl, despite it's spelling there are lots of P's in prostrate problems.

Maybe the CPSA has Prostrate Problems? They regularly take the 'P'. 

No chances taken here, just put boots / coat / extra layers / brolley / spare everything in car, all ready to go so just best not forget the little Italian in the morning!

Has anyone shot the English Open at Doveridge ?

I saw lots of people there today but I don't think many shot it! ! ! ! ! 

Or is it like OT and you shoot another 100 tomorrow?

I went, it was very windy, I think I missed more than I hit, the conditions probably lost me two or three my own inability cost me at least a dozen, there were two stands ( 14 targets overall ) that if I kept shooting at them till Sunday I doubt if I'd hit a single one I handnt a flipping clue.

Think Steve Lovatt carded an 80+ ( not sure exact score) which was a top effort based on what I saw in the three hours I was on the ground.

Matt and Radrac shot the 9 am start, they might be able to put a more considered view on the shoot.

I'm off to a dark room been a long time since I saw so many 0 on my scorecard.

I was the today too.

Very windy and some tough targets (they were for me anyway) but I still managed to build a MASSIVE 51...... when I left i think Richard Faulds was in top spot with 86.

I'm beginning to wonder what I've been doing every Sunday morning for the last few years.....certainly wasn't practicing for a performance like that!

Still, it was really nice to shoot the round with Nicky T and to meet Matt for the first time. It was also a pleasure to catch up with Chard et al as always.

Best of luck to anyone there over the weekend, lets hope the wind goes away for you!

Iggy.

Peter wished I could go back and do it again tomo

Good to see you there today , we're you shooting????? Well done Adam cork 91 !!!

I have long said the they should not register these shoots. Fine, have a tough test, but don't include it in the normal reg scores.. The CPSA were baffled by the concept.

Same here Steve, I think we were on the squad behind you! Thoroughly enjoyed the shoot only shot a 75 but happy with that! :)

Peter wished I could go back and do it again tomo

Good to see you there today , we're you shooting????? Well done Adam cork 91 !!!

Good to see you also Steve, and given the difficulty of the course, very  well shot.

No I didn't shoot it, and I am very glad I didn't. I think I may well have disgraced myself. It was sad to see grown men near to tears and others shaking their heads incredulously, whilst others simply plodded on praying for it to get better.

It was a fantastic test of a shooters ability and full marks to Adam for shooting it so well. 

Any idiot can put on a shoot that is too hard. I will be dry and glad tmrw!

Bloody well shot Steve!

Latest posts

Back