Balance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40UP

No not the gun. Balance of the shooter. I'm checking if stability declines with age. Can you stand on one leg and count to thirty [don't rush] then the other leg. Now with your eyes shut. Easy or say how long? Tell me your age group ie 20-30. Bet Phil can give me chapter and verse on this.

Brilliant. Tried it. Amazing!!!I expected the left leg would be the worse as it has the arthritis in the knee....but surprisingly not!Age 53 (and overweight) Right handed shooter. Eyes open left leg ok all the way to 30. Right leg ok all the way to 30 but with little balance wobble. Eyes closed.left leg 6 seconds before tipped over and had to put right foot down and major wobblingright leg 5 seconds before tipped over and as above. Interestingly and I have tried this several times now........but no matter which leg i was stood on with eyes closed....each time I tipped up i fell to the right!!! Does this mean I am going to die of some brain disfunction now/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif or did I tip to the right because I am a right handed shooter? Amazing results.......who would have thought...............!!!But seriously how do you really interpret the results???? 

/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif We know that Tobs (police drunk tests /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif) . This is an experiment so data is required. Go on you know you want to ....... don't worry about putting your age....young thing like you/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Eye's open all the way to 30 both legs no problem, Eye's closed got all the way to 30 again with both legs but a bit of a wobble more so standing on left leg than right. Predominantly right handed, but left eye dominant so shoot left handed.36 years old and a few pounds overweight /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

One up to the younger generation. I wonder if cpsa class counts. Nicola watch out for left crossers but would a gun stabilise you? Maybe with your head tucked under your wing you'd be ok on your perch. Whilst you're all standing on one leg I suspect core stability declines as does peripheral vision with age – even Carrega couidn't be world champion after the age of 44.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine on both L & R with eyes open. Eyes close L 12 countEyes closed R 15 countBoth times when I lost balance fell to the right. Right handed shooter, soon to be 45 :-((

Eyes open, could stay there all day on both pegs. Eyes closed, made 30 on the left but could have gone a bit longer. 20 odd on the right but have a pulled calf on that side atm so could have influenced it. Right handed 36yr old 8.5 stone dripping wet /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif (bit like a dating site /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif whats your game eh 40Up /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif) When i fell off my right peg I went left, but my Wang hangs that way so would pull an elephant left /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

No problem either leg eyes open,eyes closed R leg  26 l leg 12,my 12 year old lad did both legs eyes closed no problems,though he does a lot of skate boarding,probabley helps with balance.

I found with my eyes closed I could cheat a bit by imagining a straight horizontal line, like a false horizon on a planes instruments /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif nice slow steady breathing helped too

Gin helped!!!!!Left 56 right 58Eyes closedBut still leaning to right of sofa :))))

Tried again even worse this time. Good job the blinds were closed I must of looked like a geriatric Ninja ;-))

Thanks so far everyone. Performance follows age [ah em]. Any variation morning or night [before drinking]. When you've won your class what about a goal celebration standing on one leg eyes shut. How long. ie on a good day.Next: at what distance can you read an unknown number plate [front] – walk towards it, how many paces? No not on the road, use a car park.

Usually just before I hit it with my bus :-D 70 yrds this morning, but it is 0 degrees with an icy breeze so my eyes were watering a bit

Does flying off a horse count????I was cantering left (so officially it was on the left leg) but then it decided to chuck me out the front door and I went 'out' the right (through the air........for what seemed to be ages.........right in front of the glass windowed cafe.....so everyone saw it.......before hitting the deck). Do you know.................none of the buggers got it on video/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif..........I mean...................how can you hit the deck at dressage/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif Oooops off to scream at dentist now!!! Later/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif 

30+ both legs with eyes open, legs alittle shaky!. 5-6 secs. both legs, eyes closed. Have impaired hearing and slight tinitus which I am convinced affects my balance a little, difficulty walking in a straight line even when sober!!!.  Age: ** sorry can't see the key pad!!!!!. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Age: ** sorry can't see the key pad!!!!!. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif68 maybe ??? ;-))

Congratulations to Nicola for managing to fall off 4 legs.Allen we'll do some UT today at Manchester. I said we'll do some UT at Manchester.

Latest posts

Back