Kegworth

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growl

21st April 2013

Andy came up to my neck of the woods bringing a friend up from Oxford, the plan was to shoot Oakedge and then pop across to Kegworth to try and fit in two 100's to make the drive up worthwhile.

We had somewhat of a delayed start at Oakedge due to the early queues to pay and so bowled up to the last stand at 1pm

I gave John a call at Kegworth (having never shot there before) to ask if we could still come over as we may be a little late (poss 2:15), John said that it would not be a problem if we could shoot the stands in order, so allowing them to clear up after us.

We managed to get to the ground bang on 2pm, we were greeted as if we were regulars and made to feel completely welcome, the grounds are basically flat but with some hillocks in to provide cover for the higher birds and some 'dug outs' to give a challenging angle, you shoot in a big loop and end up back at the office.

We found there were a good split of testers, gimmies and some middle of the road clays presented to give a good chance for a reasonable score and to be tested on some stands.

What I would like to say though is: Kegworth is the most respectful ground i have ever shot at, we were a small group of 'unknowns' arriving late when most markers/refs are getting ready to pack up and we were spoken to with friendliness by a great bunch of interested refs who are a credit to the ground, we never felt rushed and all of the refs made a point of thanking us for shooting and hoped we would come again, I for one was very gratefull for the treatment received, I will certainly return to this ground, we even had a late-ish coffe without any gripes or any feeling of the staff being put out.

It was a refreshing change from some grounds who just seem to want you to turn up, pay and go.

Well done to all at Kegwort, you do a smashing job and I for one am gratefull, best regards, Growl. :thumbsu:

Great review - I'm down for my first visit to Kegworth in September for the FITASC Sporting English Open... looking forward to it now!

It's quite local for me and always shoot it, always friendly and probably the best bunch of refs you will find at a ground. John also does his best to change it round and the payout is also fair, he guarantees payout in each class and if he has more entries will pay it back in prize money. Overall a really good shoot and gets my recommendation.

Latest posts

Back