South Worcester SG Friday 100

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfarmer

The first qualifier for the Friday 100 competition at South Worcester shooting ground resulted in a tie between Clynt Warren and Julian Morris – both on 85. After a tense shoot off on crossers from the high crane Clynt walked away the first qualifier.

The second shoot was won by Ade Jonson with 86. The third shoot was won by Phill Smith with a very respectable 88.

There will be a qualifier on each Friday between now and October - so plenty of opportunities to come and have a crack at getting into the final shoot for the prize money.

Shot this today and got lucky won it on 85 good selection of targets tho not for the faint hearted , good to see Clint there practicing and we managed to miss the rain

All round good afternoon out will be back

Steve

you got to be happy with that Steve ? did 82 I think it was a real test today ballsed up the tower 4 light and shot the teal on the way up which cost me 2-3 and the odd few under leeeeds around there.....makes a real nice change to see scores in the 80's winning well done 

lets have our Fri-club there ....cheap practice £28......chipper on course to make a show next Fri !!!! it's all going to change you know, thats if his leg don't hurt .or his finger plays up,or he as a head ache, brought the wrong shells, got the wrong lenses in, had a bad nights sleep, eat some dodgy food, and the very rare case of bounty poisoning  :nyam:   

He's going to be champ on white gold on Sunday so we better watch out

Like to see you chipper on these hard targets will be really good to break these long range midis in half , I shot today with two full chokes haven't done that for a while

So this is an open ( no classes ) 100 bird competition run over a few months with each weeks High Gun shooting off at a much later date? It's the practice line that's confusing me ( I am oldish ).

So this is an open ( no classes ) 100 bird competition run over a few months with each weeks High Gun shooting off at a much later date? It's the practice line that's confusing me ( I am oldish ).
to enter the comp is £34... no payback on that day I believe you can shoot practise on the said Fri but you must shoot the comp first if you are entering the comp ? as the targets are the same stands......a certain amount of monies from each comp entry gets accumulated over the said weeks and will be divided into a prize fund at the final shoot where the weekly HG's will take part 

if you want to just shoot the layout as practise (which is enjoyable) it will cost you £28...for a 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday 100 Competition

Becky writes –

Congratulations

Congratulations to the following who have already qualified to shoot the 100 Bird Final on the 25th October 2013

Clynt Warren, Adrian Johnson, Phill Smith, Steve Lovatt., Ed Solomon, Julian Morris, Chris Childerhouse and Steve Burnham.

The Friday 100 series at South Worcester Shooting Ground is now in its eighth week and is providing some interesting comments!

The crane, which throws a standard driven target at a height of 110ft, while the midi driven target is climbing to around an extra 20ft on top of that, has seen a few slip up’s!!!

Most of the layout changes from week to week, ensuring added variety.

To throw a few more testing targets into the mix we also have a 60ft tower with crossers and driven (thinking ahead, all good practice for the Game Shooting season, so book in early for our warm up days)

Combined with a mixture of quartering, crossing, overhead, rabbits, driven and loopers  - we aim to put on a little something for everyone.

All you have to do is turn up on a Friday before 3.30 to have a chance at qualifying.

Shoot number 14 coming up tomorrow - so almost half way. Last week was the busiest yet so well done to those who got in early and have already qualified for the final on October 25th.

Qualifiers so far are....

Clynt Warren

Adrian Johnson

Phill Smith

Steve Lovatt

Ed Solomon

Julian Morris

Chris Childerhouse

Steve Burnham

Nick Portlock

Mike Pepper

Martin Harris

Chris Biddlecombe

Dan Martin

Friday 100 Qualifier

We are on the home run for the Grand final of the Friday 100 on October 25th. There are only 11 more chances to qualify – so make sure you are one of them.

Friday 100 Qualifiers

Wk 1 - April 5th                      Clynt Warren

Wk 2 – April 12th                   Jason Holden

Wk 3 – April 19th                   Phill Smith

Wk 4 – April 26th                   Steve Lovett

Wk 5 – May 3rd                      Ed Solomon

Wk 6 – May 10th                    Julian Morris

Wk 7 – May 17th                    Chris Childerhouse

Wk 8 – May 24th                    Steve Burnham

Wk 9 – May 31st                     Nick Portlock

Wk 10 – June 7th                    Stuart Pearson

Wk 11 – June 14th                  Martin Harris

Wk 12 – June 21st                  Chris Biddlecome

Wk 13 – June 28th                  Dan Martin

Wk 14 – July 5th                     Joe Hale

Wk 15 – July 12th                   Eric Pritchard

Wk 16 – July 19th                   Huw Stephens

Wk 17 – July 26th                   Dorian Evans

Wk 18 – Aug 2nd                    Chris Morgan                        

Wk 19 – Aug 9th

Wk 20 – Aug 16th

Wk 21 – Aug 23rd

Wk 22 – Aug 30th

Wk 23 – Sept 6th

Wk 24 – Sept 13th

Wk 25 – Sept 20th

Wk 26 – Sept 27th

Wk 27 – Oct 4th

Wk 28 – Oct 11th

Wk 29 – Oct 19th

Wk 30 – Oct 25th          Final

Shoot number 14 coming up tomorrow - so almost half way. Last week was the busiest yet so well done to those who got in early and have already qualified for the final on October 25th.

Qualifiers so far are....

Clynt Warren

Adrian Johnson

Phill Smith

Steve Lovatt

Ed Solomon

Julian Morris

Chris Childerhouse

Steve Burnham

Nick Portlock

Mike Pepper

Martin Harris

Chris Biddlecombe

Dan Martin
Have Ade Johnson and Mike Pepper been replaced? They don't appear on the latest list they've been replaced by a Jason Holden and a Stuart Pearson

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday 100 Qualifier

We are on the home run for the Grand final of the Friday 100 on October 25th. There are only 11 more chances to qualify – so make sure you are one of them.

Friday 100 Qualifiers

Wk 1 - April 5th                      Clynt Warren

Wk 2 – April 12th                   Jason Holden

Wk 3 – April 19th                   Phill Smith

Wk 4 – April 26th                   Steve Lovett

Wk 5 – May 3rd                      Ed Solomon

Wk 6 – May 10th                    Julian Morris

Wk 7 – May 17th                    Chris Childerhouse

Wk 8 – May 24th                    Steve Burnham

Wk 9 – May 31st                     Nick Portlock

Wk 10 – June 7th                    Stuart Pearson

Wk 11 – June 14th                  Martin Harris

Wk 12 – June 21st                  Chris Biddlecome

Wk 13 – June 28th                  Dan Martin

Wk 14 – July 5th                     Joe Hale

Wk 15 – July 12th                   Eric Pritchard

Wk 16 – July 19th                   Huw Stephens

Wk 17 – July 26th                   Dorian Evans

Wk 18 – Aug 2nd                    Chris Morgan                        

Wk 19 – Aug 9th

Wk 20 – Aug 16th

Wk 21 – Aug 23rd

Wk 22 – Aug 30th

Wk 23 – Sept 6th

Wk 24 – Sept 13th

Wk 25 – Sept 20th

Wk 26 – Sept 27th

Wk 27 – Oct 4th

Wk 28 – Oct 11th

Wk 29 – Oct 19th

Wk 30 – Oct 25th          Final
Oops meant to add this to previous posting

My profuse apologies and well spotted.

When I was compiling the list I'm afraid I was distracted by the phone ringing several times and I accidently read the wrong line on the master score sheet - not once but twice. I have received a severe reprimand from Becky!!!! and told that I must try harder to concentrate on what I am doing!!

Here is the revised list - please check it over but I am pretty sure I have got it right this time.

John

Friday 100 Qualifiers

Wk 1 - April 5th             Clynt Warren

Wk 2 – April 12th          Adrian Johnson

Wk 3 – April 19th          Phill Smith

Wk 4 – April 26th          Steve Lovett

Wk 5 – May 3rd             Ed Solomon

Wk 6 – May 10th           Julian Morris

Wk 7 – May 17th           Chris Childerhouse

Wk 8 – May 24th           Steve Burnham

Wk 9 – May 31st           Nick Portlock

Wk 10 – June 7th          Mike Pepper