semi automatics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

Looking to buy my first semi auto for sporting, have only ever owned over and unders.

Any opions on Fabarms xlr5 velocity or Remingtons 1100 competition synthetic. All advice welcom and needed...thanks..

My advice is to buy a Beretta, the Fabarm is a big overpriced lump of a gun and the Remington will be unreliable.

Either buy a used 391 or a nearly new A400, whichever you like best, I prefer the A400 and I have used 391's for a few years.

Ive owned mainly beretta guns and I was looking for a change. Tried a friends benelli and found it a bit noisey and harder hitting than my over and under, I'm no little chap and normally shoot a 32inch 682 gold e.

Buy a benelli then you can shoot the benelli shoot at Hodnet with it :))
Or a Beretta or a Franchi,all three are eligible for the Benelli Sp'Auto shoot as they are all imported by GMK.

I would go for a Beretta A400 Excel,which is the sporting version or a A300 Outlander. The Outlander is a game gun but is perfectly adequate for clays and can be bought for £760 new.

Vic. 

The Remington 1100 looks like a bit of a bargain, but ive read so many conflicting views and ive still yet to find one in a shop near me to shoulder. The Fabarm I have shouldered and the only off putting aspect was that it seems to be a premounted style of design and I prefer to shoot gun down. The beretta autos and their numbers and names are a right nightmare to decipher.

A Benelli has just as much recoil as an O/U, awful things, try an A400 Excel, the stock dimensions are similar to your 682 and drop or length of pull is easy and cheap to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like another beretta for me then, just cant get the Remington 1100 competition synthetic out of my mind, must find one to try. Proof in the pudding and all that..

Remingtons are very "soft" to shoot, but reliability is crap even the Yanks are not buying them, a mate of mine bought one of the new ones. It's been back and forwards for repairs.

I've shot Beretta auto's for over 20 years, NO reliability issues at all nothing has ever gone wrong or broken. The new A400 version has even less parts than the old 391 and it much easier to clean.

Just seen a nice looking ugb25 in a dealer near me, might have a look today. Please all dont laugh and shout at once, I know ive got quirky shotgun disease...p.s. Theres also a remington 105 cti....

( the nurses are coming now must go ) ha ha

If you're looking for a semiauto and want something different to Beretta?

Please have a look at the Bernardelli Semi Automatics.  I'm now representing Bernardelli in the UK.

I'm a life long Beretta fan, but I do have to say that the technology inside the Bernardelli knocks the Berettas into touch.

Please visit the Bernardelli website   http://www.bernardelli.com

When you've had a mooch, click their facebook link and watch the various short videos.

I'll have the guns in the UK very soon.  I'll be holding a day at Worsley for members for the forum and others to try the guns, see the quality and feel the difference.

I'll post further details in due course.

If you would like prices for the various Bernardelli guns please PM me your email address and I'll send you the price list.

There are a couple of interesting videos on youtube if you search for Bernardelli, probably the best is the Russian one, let me know if you need a link.

My son has an excellent used Fabarm semiauto, for sale.  I can't remember the model, please PM for further details.

You won't go wrong with a Beretta, but you can do better with a Bernardelli.

If you're shooting sporting clays have a special look at the "Mega Sporting"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vincenzo-Bernardelli-Srl/415775411781394#

webber

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the new venture :)  , the guns look very nice and I'm certain they'll do well here as the semi market seems quite buoyant with both clay and field shooters quite keen on having one in their cabinets. 

Just a suggestions though, it might be a good idea to get a native to re-work the wordings a little, I personally like the English version to sound that way.

The stock on the Mega Sporting looks way too low for me, are there any plans to have Trap versions available?

Just seen a nice looking ugb25 in a dealer near me, might have a look today. Please all dont laugh and shout at once, I know ive got quirky shotgun disease...p.s. Theres also a remington 105 cti....

( the nurses are coming now must go ) ha ha

Just make sure you're cabinet is tall enough if you buy a quirky Beretta. Coniston Shooting ground are selling one for about £1850. They are very different to shoot compared to another auto.

The 105 is a disaster :haha:

That was my first thought hammy, even with the adjustable it looks like too much drop, hopefully there are shims included to alter cast and drop?

I do like the carbon fibre look though and I think I may have had my mitts on one of these at the shooting show or something very similar.

what multi chokes are they using? A Beretta thread as they are Italian or a stand alone?

what kind of retail are we looking at for the adjustable sporter Mr Webber? If its priced right it should sell well. Same money as Beretta it might struggle but there's certainly a gap in the market between the hatstands and the B guns.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I put them in but the phone lost them again :(

Back