World Sporting 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporting shot

Hi All, Just a quick question (Steve might be able to provide the answer) about the other events for this event. With the FITASC and World Sportrap running on the same days (Wednesday and Thursday) how will the events be run? I know the sportrap is on a greenfield site and the FITASC in Windrush. Is the FITASC 100 targets or more split over the 2 days? We be able to shoot the FITASC and Sportrap in the same day. If the FITASC is 100 targets we can just shoot one event per day or is the FITASC going to be like in Lakenheath perviously? Looking forward to the event already!

Glad you're looking forward to it! From what I understand of it all, you won't be able to shoot sportrap and FITASC on the same day, you will have to shoot one discipline each day as the timings won't mix (both are 100 birds). The Prelim 100 bird sporting is shot on the Friday only and the 200 bird World Championship has to be shot over 2 days - Sat and Sun, (100 each day).  That all being said, our final meeting is the end of January and should anything alter I will post on here!! Throughout all of the shooting days there will be ample pool shoots to keep people entertained! I hope this answers your questions but if not, post back and I'll fill in the gaps! If anyone has any queries they want to speak to me about directly you can always call me on 07971 475916. Steve 

As as Skeet shooter i'm more excited about shooting this :)  Look forward to the final plans being announced :)  Jon.

Looks like this will be a great event!!! I am predicting a record entry for this! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Like alys puppies?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Sorry puppy?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

Not telling you how to do your job steve,but aswell as pool shoots ever considered clay snooker,shot this in the states last April absolutely brilliant,and people waiting to shoot it all day,something a bit different,never seen it in this country.

What's the prelim sporting? Do I have to shoot this to be allowed to shoot on the Saturday/Sunday ? Thanks,Jon

Optima - yes, thought about doing clay snooker many a time at different shoots.  The space required is often a problem but as we're still in the planning stages, I won't say no - I'll add it to the thinking pot and see what we can do. Jon - the prelim is just 100 bird registered sporting warm up the day before.  You can shoot this and not do the 200 birder(!) but most do both. Steve /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

It is going to be brilliant.Hope You get the clay snooker in.

Just found and booked a reasonable hotel in the middle of Cheltenham for some of the week - Mrs R and Junior Matt are coming for the trip... looking forward to seeing many of you there and having a right old laugh.

It is going to be brilliant.Hope You get the clay snooker in.What about Starshot ??? I've heard it's making a comeback.

You guys want to go steady - all this positive feedback is a little over whelming!!  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Glad you're excited though! Ally ;0)  

Steve Lovatt said:

You guys want to go steady - all this positive feedback is a little over whelming!!  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Glad you're excited though! Ally ;0)  
What about a skeet and DTL layout aswell steve/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Steve always puts on great targets, it will be a great event. I will be there on at least one of the days, as I have some clients shooting, but also got to hot foot it to the Double Trap Final on the 2nd.

Great setting and great targets, really is on home soil for me, just down the road from the ground. I will be working with a client or two at the ground prior to the Worlds.

Back