Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

Had a good look at a 692 yesterday @North Ayrshire. The 'coated' top leaver in not as his hideous as I thought it would be and feels fine (would still prefer it vanilla). I have the same issue with the stock as I have with the DT11 stock...too low in the comb!!! Other than comb height, or lack of it, it looks well worth the £2450 price tag. To me, it feels like a 682 gold e.

Have Beretta lost the plot with stock design/dimensions? That's the DT11 and now 692 both new models, both way too low in the comb...if I put my face down tight on the stock I can't see over the top lever or at best I can't see ANY rib (without cardboard and tape) !!!

Discuse...

Had a good look at a 692 yesterday @North Ayrshire. The 'coated' top leaver in not as his hideous as I thought it would be and feels fine (would still prefer it vanilla). I have the same issue with the stock as I have with the DT11 stock...too low in the comb!!! Other than comb height, or lack of it, it looks well worth the £2450 price tag. To me, it feels like a 682 gold e.

Have Beretta lost the plot with stock design/dimensions? That's the DT11 and now 692 both new models, both way too low in the comb...if I put my face down tight on the stock I can't see over the top lever or at best I can't see ANY rib (without cardboard and tape) !!!

Discuse...
It does make you wonder sometimes if the manufacturers understand what shooters need. It's not only Beretta I can assure you.

Maybe you need lower cheek bones?

Last edited by a moderator:
i was told somewhere many moons ago "look at the average Italian, no neck and short round face, that is what Beretta make their dimensions to" not particularly PC but an interesting thought...

i was told somewhere many moons ago "look at the average Italian, no neck and short round face, that is what Beretta make their dimensions to" not particularly PC but an interesting thought...
You're definitely not Italian then Fuz! :)

With models cheekbones like these? not bloody likely :lol: oh and the giraffe neck :D

I think that the problem is that although Beretta list their sporters with 2 or 3 different stock measurements GMK only seem to import guns with lower stock measurements.

Although there is no such thing as a 'one size fits all' gun it would be good to have the choice of measurements.

The adjustable stock is obviously an alternative as long as it is set up properly, problem is that many shooters like to tinker so these can cause more problems than they solve.

Spoke to GMK yesterday. The 32" version with adjustable comb won't be available until July.

GMK need a shake up...
Don't they just. Used to be a brilliant company but they've now become too big and don't have the customer focus that they used to have. I'm afraid that Browning are even worse. No stock a lot of the time and customer service is awful.

I bought a new Browning Ultra XS Prestige 32" Sporter over 2 months ago and was told that there would be no more available until at least mid April.

The guy in sales I spoke to was utterly clueless!!! "Why did GMK order all the DT11 sporters with the lower of the two comb options?"

"Sporters are supposed to shoot flat..."

Clown!!!

I bought a new Browning Ultra XS Prestige 32" Sporter over 2 months ago and was told that there would be no more available until at least mid April.
That's nasty, you just need to take it easy with your new Browning and hope it lasts till then. :lol:   :yahoo:

That's nasty, you just need to take it easy with your new Browning and hope it lasts till then. :lol:   :yahoo:
Even nastier when someone stands on it :spiteful: :spiteful: . Stop taking the pee or I won't let you play with my next new toy whatever it may be!! :haha: :haha:  Are you still using the Evo's?

Back