Baikal sbs info

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matto

just bought a rather nice old baikal sbs IJ58MAE,sold as a non ejector but im pretty sure these were ejectors,however i cant get it to eject for love nor money,can anybody shed any light on these crude but nice russian banging sticks? have searched the net for info for days but cant find anything out,any owners manuals or photos diagrams would be great.

I had a Baikal way back in the '70's seem to remember you could
by the non ejector version for a few quid cheaper than the ejector version
Don't think there was such a thing as a manual for them, if there was it was probably
still in Russian, they were the cheapest gun you could buy back then

Jonz

I have a manual for the 58MA and the 58 MAE the E is for ejector. It's in a sort of English, French and German. I can scan it and send it to you, but i can't do it until Sunday, if that helps

they arnt the prettiest looking guns in the world thats for sure,but they are rock solid,i read somewhere ''the ak47 of the shotgun world'' sporting gun gives them very good reviews,im happy with mine,shoots ok,its just the ejectors,have taken them out and gave them a good polishing with very fine wet n dry but still no good.

I have one, made in USSR. Solid as a rock and could be Clydebuilt it is so well made. Only use it in the worst of weather and for snipe bogs on my ground. It is choked 1/4 and 1/4. Had it serviced by NASG when I got it and they found nothing wrong with it all, tight as a Fifer, not many bother with a service as it may cost more than the gun. Most Keepers will have one in their box.

Oh mine thankfully is a non ejector, the non ejector piece that moves the shells out of the barrels is in one piece, wonder what the name for it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clanchief, 

It is called an Extractor.

Baikal also make luxury guns that would rival Purdey , Piotti et.al.

But rare as hens teeth and probably only owned by ogliagarcs or Alex Ferguson.

Latest posts

Back