What Semi-Auto?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveK

I was watching a clip on Youtube on sporting clays in America and although I'm newish to the sport, saw a gun I wasn't familiar with and my curiosity got the better of me.

The gun appeared to be a semi-auto, however it was broken like an O/U to load.

To load it, the chap clipped a cartridge to the outside of the action and then dropped a cartridge into the action. He then closed the gun up.

When he shot it, the cartridge appears to be ejected downward.

The Youtube clip I've pasted below and the gun can be seen from about 2:30 on the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZJbJ_aWhM4

If this is something that was common place in the past or is in use in the UK, I apologise. It's just that I've never seen one in my limited experience.

It's a Beretta UGB....discontinued now in the UK i understand. Very heavy (initially designed for trap) and therefore very stable (think K-80 that ate all the pies...) but not a great sporting gun. Some people reported issues with jams and although very different and fun from a novelty point of view its not the way forward for semi auto's. However expect second hand values to climb in time as a good example will be highly sought after.

Many, many thanks for the quick reply - it was more out of curiosity. It just looked like a hybrid that had too much happening!

Steve.

Yep... as Don says - a UGB - I think discussed on here a little bit before.

At last years Beretta World I shot behind a squad with a guy who had one of these on, very curious looking gun with shells spewing out of the bottom of it... not my cup of tea at all, but interesting to see a different design of gun.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

I could never make up my mind if the UGB fused the best of both types or the worst but hey! it's a Beretta can't be too bad

Latest posts

Back