GB shotgun shells

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustin dick

Here in Ireland we have a Spanish shotgun cartridge widely available market'd under the name GB they market a wide range including steel competition and the normal trap/sporting/skeet range. I think they may have an important connection with Maxim/Rio. They are a resonably priced product which, for me ar least, are magnificent performers. Do our English/Welsh/Scottish shooter brothers and sisters ever encounter these shells? If you do I'd like to hear your opinion of them.

Sorry to Hijack, but anybody know who imports and sells Rio cartridges? I don't mean dealers, I mean trade.

Cheers, I have seen the CCI site, but nothing on there says there are the importers. And they ignored my email..

Sorry to Hijack, but anybody know who imports and sells Rio cartridges? I don't mean dealers, I mean trade.
Speak to Eley's MD Tomas because they are all now owned by Maxam if I remember rightly.

Speak to Eley's MD Tomas because they are all now owned by Maxam if I remember rightly.
Ah OK thanks. The famous propellant manufacturers?

What I was really getting to was, where would a retail outlet, such as a SG seek them from if they were to stock them?

CCI are distributors for Tomas.

They will distribute to you through their own distributors in the UK.

When the other half wanted Vinci we had to order them through CCI and another smaller local company delivered to the door.

Last edited:
Just a bit of extra info, they don't appear horrendously fast shells. It may be the importer here is only concerned with the home market. It's nice for me to find a suitable shell at a moderate price.

Try Country Way at West Malling, they used to be main dealers for Rio so may be able to help.

Clever - we used to stock Rios and got them from CCI (01536 260933)

Hope that helps :)

I ordered 1000 from Just Cartridges, using the discount delivery voucher in that CPSA pamphlet we all got. £7.50 delivery. Can't drive far for that these days..

Give my little corsa van a thimble of diesel and she runs for ever :D are you defecting to rio shells then?

Latest posts

Back