Progress with aims

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

A while back, several on here posted their aims for 2013 / or present classification period etc. (These are now locked topics). Six weeks to go until the classification period ends; so if you are Chris Childerhouse, thats just another 26 shoots. :) Sorry Chris.. For most of us its a handful of events left to decide our status. (Apologies to those unconcerned with registered classifications; it's a big reference point for others of us).

How are things working out for you? Popping the Champagne? :goodjob:   Or drinking meths to forget? :banghead:

Personally, my goal of AA by June is looking shaky. 50/50 could be optimistic. I'm in danger of being the countries highest graded A class, rather than the officially worst shot in AA. Either way it could be very tight.. 

Six weeks of calm excellence required. :dancing:   

Or then again.. :nea:

Pint of meths for me barman, looks like i did enough before Xmas to squeeze me up to B but the wheels are well and truly off now.

goal posts have changed somewhat anyway. 25 straight in registered skeet is the first one of the new goals :D

Yep ... things are going well for me ( at the moment ) already shooting a B class average in sporting so will be going up from C if I can maintain my scores ! Managed to sell my Beretta so that I now have only one gun ( Miroku Mk38 32" ) to shoot instead of swapping between two ;)

Another one of my aims was to break a 80+ at registered sporting ...done that yesterday at 4C's with an 81 :)

So yeah, things are going in my favour .

Was going well but insisting on shooting reg comps in terrible weather (usually) has done serious damage to averages. Plan is now not too shoot reg next winter just concentrate on practice.

Clever, that happened to me a few years ago I was rank no 1 in A at DTL when new book came out I was right at the bottom of AA, which is best ??? AA for credibility A for possibility of picking a few quid up. ???

I really think we should unlock the aims threads so that we can post updates as opposed to having to start other update threads. That way we can choose which updates we want to follow and it forms a nice narrative of targets, updates, questions for help with issues and then measurement at the end of the year (unless you cheat and edit your targets).

For me, good progress made so far. Won C @ OT again yesterday despite the pants weather, 4th overall.

What is the average to go up to 'B' just being too idle to look it up on cpsa?

cheers - suppose it's gotta happen, been sort of clearing up at 'C' since December :pilot:   

Hit one of my aims for this period yesterday which was to shoot a 25 ex 25 at ABT. I must confess not registered but at local club so not 100% regulation targets but in many ways harder (slightly slower but wider angles). Next is to do at a registered shoot.

Also hit a couple of 25 straights at DTL in practice but that 25/75 still eludes me by 1 point   :angry:

Still, at least I've decided to keep the MX8 which was very close to going recently :frantics:

Onwards and upwards

DT

Agreed Newbie, i think its to stop derailing but would be good to be able to lock it to anyone apart from original poster or admin. Just leave likes available. I am going to do a "Fuzrat, a journey into a new discipline" thread for my foray into skeet and would be nice to keep it as a straight blog type post without having to start a new thread each week :D

What is the average to go up to 'B' just being too idle to look it up on cpsa?

cheers - suppose it's gotta happen, been sort of clearing up at 'C' since December :pilot:   
The exact average cut off varies and is not announced until June 1st (or just before). 67.9 is B at present I think; unlikely to move much.

Pint of meths for me barman, looks like i did enough before Xmas to squeeze me up to B but the wheels are well and truly off now. goal posts have changed somewhat anyway. 25 straight in registered skeet is the first one of the new goals :D
. mine is just to get a straight 25 in practice. PB is 22 so far but I just make silly mistakes and miss what I class as the easier shots like HH single on 1 and LH single on 7. Hopefully a few lessons will get me a bit closer to that.

Every discipline has different % cutoffs and can change every six months. Anything less than 10% under your average is ditched and then your average adjusted. Apart from DTL which is 5% less.

Well my first target of getting into AAA is borderline, not shot great over the winter period but have a current average of 86. This could of been better but with luck I can put a couple of good scores in before the cut off and squeeze in.

Latest posts

Back