GB FITASC @ Westfield & Windrush

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

I really fancy this one, have the entry form printed off/filled out, got an offer to stay with someone who may be going, just need to confirm work cover for that weekend and my friend is actually going + the offer to stay with him still stands...all going well, I'll post the entry :D :D :D

Who else is planning to shoot this one?

i will be here james

i plan to do 4 layouts at windrush on sat and 4 layouts at westfield on sun so all in all you will not be disappointed with the variety

i am also opening up windrush on friday for a 50 bird fitasc practice layout and doing a bbq at the ground fri evening ,  hopefully the sun will be playing by then

steve

When is this Steve? Am thinking of doing some of the GB shoots this year if I can fit them in, booked on for Hepwrth in a couple weeks, be good to do one of yours...

OK decided to go for a B&B for the Saturday, anyone got any recommendations for somewhere nearby to the Grounds

Gav, The Green Dragons quite decent, its a real old cotswold country pub, not cheap mind, its pretty close to Ian Coleys so if you planned it you could get some last minute "practice"

There are others but having not been in then can't really pass comment.

Green Dragon looks lovely, but a bit pricey for the one night

still looking :fie:

Just to keep everyone up to date I am just in the process of planning this shoot , it will be set over 8 completely different layouts , using a total of 116 traps , set high in the sky , below your feet , close crossers , long battues and pretty much every presentation you can think of !!!!!

We are opening up on the friday for a 50 bird fitasc old system practice with two layouts that are not going to be used sat and Sunday this will be followed by a BBQ with beer and wine going into the evening

If anyone wants to shoot the practice ( which I would say will help with judging targets and distances in the main event ) we are taking bookings to squad people up to shoot from 10 am so let me know , even if your not doing the main event you can join in the practice and of course the party in the evening

Steve

OK decided to go for a B&B for the Saturday, anyone got any recommendations for somewhere nearby to the Grounds
Gav have look at Bourton on the water only 10mins down the road from windrush and about 20mins from westfield some good pubs and quite a few B&B's there stayed at Broadlands B&B twice very good marco the guy who owns it very helpful, its on a back street over a little bridge from the main drag but within easy walking of all the pubs and restaurants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gav have look at Bourton on the water only 10mins down the road from windrush and about 20mins from westfield some good pubs and quite a few B&B's there stayed at Broadlands B&B twice very good marco the guy who owns it very helpful, its on a back street over a little bridge from the main drag but within easy walking of all the pubs and restaurants.
Thanks shortlegs i have found a place nearby, however i am really tempted to find somewhere for the friday and enjoy the practice and bbq,

Are you shooting it?

Thanks shortlegs i have found a place nearby, however i am really tempted to find somewhere for the friday and enjoy the practice and bbq, Are you shooting it?
unfortunately not travelling up to north on the Friday for a week , but if its anything like the last one Steve did you'll really enjoy it as he put on some cracking targets at windrush on the Saturday making full use of the old railway cut targets down under your feet, targets coming up from in the cut and one that was a screamer of a looper across the other side of the cut . Oh and he had a real frustrating rabbit that came at you edge on and dived into a pond !!!

shot well Gav and enjoy :yes:

Happy memories Gareth almost forgot about those little teasers
yes Steve enjoyed trying to shoot them and was chuffed when shot the looper single and double , and soaked the ref when I shot the rabbit :laugh:  the shoot altogether was great and ran well both days credit to you and Allys organisation for such a big shoot.

Back