Westfield 120 March 10th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Mclean

Well just got back from Westfield, had a great day even though it was bitterly cold and trying to snow at times!

Thought it was a good set up with varied targets. High gun was 110 when I left! Good shooting.

What do the rest of you think?

Nice to meet you there Jason.

Yes I enjoyed the shoot, great targets, good variety and challenging.

Made more challenging by the weather which was cold and windy.

I managed a 91/120 which I thought was going to be a lot better, but I arsed up a couple of stands. :p

I didn't bother with the White Gold today, as I'd had enough (spent enough too :pinch: ) and the wind was a bit of a pain in the harris

Worth the 260 mile round trip, not many shoots I'd say that about. There were some blokes there from Plymouth. Kinnell that's keen :eek:

Thought some of the long crossers were more gun speed than lead for me.

Liked the pole dancing stand halfway up the hill l/r looper followed by the l/r high bird which required near 180 degree turn to get on the second bird.

The stand across the top of the field r/l incomer crossing thingy with the big teal,you needed to keep an eye on that teal,called to see a pair and the teal near came back into the cage bit dodgey if you missed the teal,good job only dropped one of the teal so not to bad.

Finished with 81 felt i let a few get away again today.

Good shoot as always from Steve on a nice fresh spring day! :hunter:

Moore K-80 said:
Just got back too i travelled up from Okehampton so over 150 miles each way!! Completely buggered the first stand (the simo right to lefts) shot a 5! only shot 100 x 120 but i guess that was'nt bad for the first reg shoot with the new gun. Great shoot with some proper targets as always from Steve. I hope to hell its warmer next time though! :coldb:

Who shot the 110?
Don't know who got that, 105 was leading when I left. I did see Martin Myers booking in.......

thanks to everyone who came today and thanks to all refs and white gold staff i reckon that was the coldest day of the bloody winter so far with the windchill.

martin did win on 110 excellent shooting in those conditions

fantastic entry of 158 plus white gold was busy all day too with karen mason winning silver sector and phil marks winning gold sector

top results listed in result section

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been working in launceston in fact im back there tommorrow but i couldnt find anywhere to shoot bar a baler on bodmin moor..... :hunter:

Well we love to see you at Westfield :) glad you enjoyed the shoot.

always thought Newman park was one of the best sporting grounds with the ultimate terrain which supported targets which resembled realistic similarities to quality game shooting .......is it gone for good and if so why ? 

always thought Newman park was one of the best sporting grounds with the ultimate terrain which supported targets which resembled realistic similarities to quality game shooting .......is it gone for good and if so why ? 
I believe they quit registered shoots because they could make more money out of corporate stuff.

Thats the trouble, Sporting is pretty much dead in the water down here!

Its the shootclay support challenge beong organised by growl on here search the thread out on meet ups its for prostate cancer and a general meet up loads of different disciplines, I think there's others coming from devon? Perhaps car share?

Moore K-80 said:
Hi Clynt, yeah i think its a gonner as far as registered shoots are concerned, they said it was'nt making any money but everyone says its because they found Tungsten there and they will mine it over the coming years? Who knows the real reason but its a great loss!
This is correct. Big money found in the ground when they put a new mains water pipe through a few years back..
Sold all the traps apart from a couple for the odd small corporate event or a bit of basic coaching.

Real shame for us locals as it was one of the best grounds in the country!

Does Cartridge, near Saltash/Looe, not put shoots on anymore? I thought they put good targets on - always amusingly names targets too!

...although, granted, wouldn't be as good as Steve's targets - sorry I missed it yesterday, sounded like a good shoot!

Does Cartridge, near Saltash/Looe, not put shoots on anymore? I thought they put good targets on - always amusingly names targets too!
Yes - they still hold a good 100 sporting once a fortnight but its not registered.

Very good targets and still named lots of wonderfully weird things! We had a 'leaping frog' on one stand on Saturday which was a far out teal type target. Total swine to hit

Great COLD day out, i really enjoyed myself and managed a decent score (for me :mad:) first time at the ground ! i have to thank Scott Barnett who has been very patient over the last 12 months in my training over @ Mickley Hall in Cheshire.

I have to add in those months i have visited many registered grounds thro-out the UK and was very impressed with the layout yesterday. Please be warmer next time !!

This is correct. Big money found in the ground when they put a new mains water pipe through a few years back..

Sold all the traps apart from a couple for the odd small corporate event or a bit of basic coaching.

Real shame for us locals as it was one of the best grounds in the country!
This is not something that I have heard but that's not to say its not right!

The place gets used a lot by extreme off road cyclists nowadays as well as a bit of corporate, stag do and tuition for clay shooting.

From those that I know the place has gone completely downhill and is getting more decrepit by the day

Latest posts

Back