2012 Targets/Aims

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeMeMe

Hi,Has anyone got any aims they're striving for in 2012?Clays:My personal aims are to hit 50%+ consistently by easter and to have hit one 60% then to have hit a 70% and be 60% consistent by then end of the year.That's from a level of 45%-50% at the minute based on 5 CPSA ESP shoots. Expecting to shoot twice a month CPSA and probably once more practice/local.Game:Outside of clays I'd like to approach my second pheasant day with more confidence than the first (Jan) and try some wildfowling at the end of the year.Publicity:I'd also like to introduce as many people to the sport in 2012 as I did in 2011 (c.30) and continue to discuss it with friends and family so they realise it's not a "bad thing" to own a gun.My stretch goal is to have the other half join me on a clay shoot just to "see what occurs" rather than shoot it, but that's pushing reality /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Any others? Be good to refer back in 6 months and see if we're on track?

I always set a series of targets in time for the new year, got a good idea but need to finalise over next few days!

hiaims: to increase average, currently 80% and maybe sneak into AA. win A class at one of the majors or the classic or something like./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gifOr maybe just win A class anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gifAnd to help mrs get into B class . Which an increase of 1% is required.jasper

Id like to get in B class by the end of the year not that im a member of the cpsa but i can work it out, so more registered and i have new permission not too far so plenty of pigeon shooting, then to get the dog just right for next game season oh all that depends on if im still in business as its drying up a bit/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Break into AAA for next years averages, get a terrier or pedigree cat by the end of the year and do more live stuff./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif I'd also like to win more than £10 lottery.

Amazing - I was laying in bed yesterday thinking that I should start this thread. So, thanks for starting it - and mine:Shooting - Would like to increase my average to around 70%, consistently - and break 80% at some point. ShootClay - Lots and Lots of targets this year... need to think which ones are really realistic.

Nice responses.Matt's "Lots and Lots of targets this year" reminds me of our process at work - We set targets at work, the "must haves" each year that define success or failure. 2 maximum - if you have 2 you'll concentrate on them, if you have 4 you'll spread the work out and hit one. If you have 10 you'll spread yourself too thin and hit nothing properly. It works quiet well - I set my desk up to remind me what the targets are - possibly an advert pinned up of a product, or a picture to remind me of the theme or similar. I notice it once a week when I'm in the office and review how I'm doing - am I working hard on the unimportant stuff or working smart on the 2 things that matter to me.Sounds daft but having gone from a business with little process to one with LOTS of process I actually like this bit of it - it makes sense to me.Although I've broken it for my targets and picked 3. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I always ask the same question - "if you could only do one thing in this year/month/week, what would it be?" - that way I find the the goal that needs/wants the most focus.

Jon said:

2 maximum - if you have 2 you'll concentrate on them, if you have 4 you'll spread the work out and hit one. If you have 10 you'll spread yourself too thin and hit nothing properly.Great advice, think I'll use that at work for this coming year!

Good thread, My goal for 2012 is quality, not quantity.  I have decided to focus on ESP with occasional FSP and STR for 2012 and will still shoot some skeet just not the amount I have the last couple of years and am starting by getting some coaching and learning to shoot. If I can consistently hit 55-65% of registered targets by the end of the year I'll be ecstatic but it's all open to adjustment and re-setting realistic goals higher or lower following re-assessment. Once confirmed my gun fit is good then I'll be sticking with 1 gun, 1 choke and 1 cartridge then if the clay doesn't break it's down to me, no excuses.  I have put all of my guns with the exception of my AL391 Urika Teknys and my single barrel hammer gun up for sale.  The Teknys is my main gun, the hammer gun is a project :)  Hope you all achieve your plans, will be interesting to see progress mid year :)  Jon.

I would like to break 90 on a registered shoot , and start getting in the 80s consistently .Then in to AA /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I'd like to win some class C/D cash in ESP and ABT. I want to become classified for UT and maybe OT, but the OT isn't a priority. Try some more FITASC sporting now I'm classified. I'd like to mount a proper attempt at the Berkshire Supreme championship by completing more county shoots, although to beat Mr. Miles will be difficult. Sort out a recoil pad for the sporter. Look out for a new job!

I forgot to mention, the Zoli is getting a major haircut this year, then if I'm happy with the result it may even give the 682e a rest.

There are two main types of goals, and a third lesser known one.

The main two types are Outcome Goals and Performance Goals. Outcome goals are the general ones that people set - an outcome is a simple yes or no, in terms of did you reach it, for example "I want to average 90" - you either get it or you don`t. Performance goals are far more constructive. I have a Pyramid of Success model. You have lots of smaller performance goals that eventually mean you reach the very top goal - so you need to build your pyramid with many solid smaller performance goals.

If your aim is the 90% average for the year, what do you need to do to get it, yes you have to shoot the scores, but what do you need to do to shoot the scores. It might be improving on a certain target, it might be improving a mental or physical area, then you can start to break down the elements into bite size chunks.

Remember SMART for all goals - Specific (what is it), Measurable (can you measure the improvements), Achievable (can you achieve it, with some work), Realistic (are you being truthful in your goal) and Timed (you need to date when you complete your goal by).

The other type of goal is an overall goal - this is usually 2 or 3 goals that if you reach those in the time, then you have reached the Overall Goal for your season - usually a combination of an Outcome Goal and a couple of Performance Goals.

Hope this is helpful, and you can also follow other thread in the Sports Psychology section on the Forum.

My targets for 2012 are to be more consistent and build my sporting average to 83%+ by the next classification then to 85%+ on the one after that.

Last Classification average 80.3

Current average 81.7

My target is to get back to competing after a lay off of the last 2 1/2 yrs due to the. Recession

If funds allow try to do some of the majors also.

Also try to meet up with you guys and girls at a shoot this year.

Latest posts

Back