Blaser F3.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin

Does anyone here have a Blaser F3 ? . If so , have you had any problems with it and are you happy with it ?

Thanks

Kevin.

Hi.

There is a guy on here called Blaser F3 (real name Andre; nice bloke).  He should be able to tell you.

They are a "new" design, very interesting and neat.  Typical German engineering.  I shot a friends one, was nice.  He loves his.

However...are they worth what they cost, in comparison to the other big names?  Not sure about that...but what does it matter?

Guns are an indulgence anyway for most of us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have had a f3 since they came out and its never let me down,and its had a lot of lead through it,the new ones have barrell weights that can be used or left out depending on your prefferance,also weights in the stock so you can make it handle how you like. the only down side is the whole thing is more narrow feeling than say a dt10 so if your going from a moruk or browning gti type of gun it wiil suit you but some find them to fast after using berettas etc  

I've had a couple of them, the very first one's before the 12 degree bite was introduced were very stiff to open but shot ok. I liked the grip dimensions of the Mk1 better than the newer version.

I bought a new F3 Pro last year and could not gel with it, the recoil was quite heavy and I did not like the "new" style palmswell. I sold it and the last I heard about was that the bracket for the balance weight on the barrel's had broken off  and the gun had gone back to Isney to be sorted out.

In the U.K. the mark up is quite high so s/hand value are low but I would advise you to try one before you commit your self. They seem to be popular in the USA and a few of their good shooters are sponsered by Blaser.

Does anyone here have a Blaser F3 ? . If so , have you had any problems with it and are you happy with it ?

Thanks

Kevin.
go for a new pro F3 Kev if you are going to buy one .... they seem to have got the problems sorted have had mine 15 months not a single issue with it, done about 10,000 shells (mainly FOB viper) very nice balance, easy to point and stop, minimal recoil,very easy to keep clean. have fitted a Beretta  gel pad on mine making it 6mm shorter and stuck 3-4mm packer on the top of the stock which suits me fine.the patterns from the Brierly chokes are as good as any out there. I take the stock off the action every 3 months and spot a little KG4 oil where Bob (the chap at open season showed me ) keep it clean keep it lubed and enjoy. 

weather it's a £4,500 gun ? well it is if you look at the silly prices of other Italian and German guns 

Thanks for the replys chaps. :good:   Some say that the F3 looks too plain/simple but that´s just what i like about it and the palmswell fits me perfect but then i have got large hands.

What i like most about it is that i can order the F3 just the way i want it , left handed shaft and opening lever , barrell and stock weights and a longer shaft.

I´ve shot a couple of times with one and i have to say it was very nice, tried different cartridges as well too check the recoil that was also good, not soft but not too much either.

It´s good to hear what people in England say about an F3 because obviously here in Germany most people say that Blaser or Krieghoff are the best Shotgun to buy!.

P.S I will have to wait 6 months for the gun to be made for me!!!

Kevin.

If you're serious about buying try the trap forend, it makes it a much better gun, well it did for me.

Why 6 months it takes less than an hour to change everything to suit you, that's the idea of a modular gun.

http://www.blaser.de/index.php?id=976&L=1

Hi Mike,

i also like the trap forend, the other options are too small for me.

Blaser don´t need 6 months to make the gun but they need some time too make the stock and forend which will be made to fit me and also from the grade of wood that i choose. They also seem to have a lot of orders at the momment, thats why they said 6 months.

I was thinking about buying a dt11 at one time but beretta wanted 9 months to make a fitted stock and a few poeple here are having problems with the barrels not being properly soldered with small cracks appearing at the end of the barrels. This problem only seems to be on the sportler not on the trap gun.

Hi anyone shoot the grey action F3 i had a try with one and liked the balance & fit.  Is a sorted 2005 gun a safe buy?

Thanks

Hi anyone shoot the grey action F3 i had a try with one and liked the balance & fit.  Is a sorted 2005 gun a safe buy?

Thanks

In my humble opinion the early models handle better and should be reilable, they tend to feel "alive" while the later models feel a bit "numb".

Thanks
it may be un-wise !!!  if the bite and internals have not been done and the 10 year guarantee is not transferred to you ? the early ones did have reliability issues ?    

it may be un-wise !!!  if the bite and internals have not been done and the 10 year guarantee is not transferred to you ? the early ones did have reliability issues ?    
Guarantee does not transfer.   Bite seems ok   Firing pins have been changed.   Not stiff to open.   How bad are the original triggers?  

Cheers 

Why does the guarantee not transfer, the gun has a 10 year warranty. I would contact Blaser direct myself and ask why only the original owner counts.

There was nothing wrong with the original trigger in my gun. If you purchase one Open Season do a full service for about £100 or thereabouts and will replace all worn parts and upgrade the selector.

A Blaser is better finished inside than most other guns are on the outside.

If it feels nice to handle, buy it, they really are a very nice gun to shoot, much better than the new one.

Why does the guarantee not transfer, the gun has a 10 year warranty. I would contact Blaser direct myself and ask why only the original owner counts.

I once took a car to a garage for a fault, to be told that the warranty did not transfer. I shook him warmly by the throat until he agreed that it did. I think dealers are more keen to do the work and get paid without the aggro..

There was nothing wrong with the original trigger in my gun. If you purchase one Open Season do a full service for about £100 or thereabouts and will replace all worn parts and upgrade the selector.

A Blaser is better finished inside than most other guns are on the outside.

If it feels nice to handle, buy it, they really are a very nice gun to shoot, much better than the new one.
Thanks i will let you know.

George

as long as its had the mods it will be good mine hasnt been touched for a few years and its 2005 modell

I have a Blaser F3, it used to misfire the second barrel with very light strikes, it had to go back to the importers for new internals, sears and firing pins, the trigger is lovely very light with no creep, perhaps a bit low in the comb but lovely wood, all in all a nice gun

I ordered my F3  (Sporting Competition Attache´ with 32" barrels, grade 7 wood and adjustable comb) on the 4th March and have been told this week that it should be ready at the end of May :yahoo:

Can´t wait to collect it and use it for the first time.

Latest posts

Back