1st trap gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbriggs166

hiya was just wondering what trap gun you would recommend. I'm just starting trap shooting and am looking to spend around £800, i have seen a miroku mk38 30" which fits me well and many people seem to recommend. Any advice?

Thanks Tom

MK38 is a great gun. It will keep you going for years. I have one in the cabinet that is over 20 years old and still going great. It has never broken down and has had thousands and thousands of cartridges through it.

If it's in good condition , and it's £800,  buy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get it bought  :nyam:   You wont be disapointed, they are bombproof. 

should get a nice beretta 682 circa late 80s for that money. Or a much newer 686. 

MK38 is a great gun. It will keep you going for years. I have one in the cabinet that is over 20 years old and still going great. It has never broken down and has had thousands and thousands of cartridges through it.
 Ditto!!! My old Mirook 3800 is now 22 years old and still going, it's never had a failure. I would guess it has had about 140,000 to 150,000 shells through it. You really cannot go wrong with a Miroku!

the mk38 gr 1 is going for £1025

but there is also a 3800 gr 1 (from 1991 in very good condition) for £825 

don't know which to choose, i think i will be able to get the price down abit on both

the mk38 gr 1 is going for £1025

but there is also a 3800 gr 1 (from 1991 in very good condition) for £825 

don't know which to choose, i think i will be able to get the price down abit on both

Either one is going to do the job mate! There is very little difference between a 3800 and the MK38. The 3800 had chopper lump barrels and the MK38 has mono block barrels. Engraving may be different too.

yeah think i'm going more towards the 3800, a guy i was shooting with yesterday shoots one and highly recommends them over mk38, and how come more modern shotguns are mono block, are they cheaper to build? or last longer?

yeah think i'm going more towards the 3800, a guy i was shooting with yesterday shoots one and highly recommends them over mk38, and how come more modern shotguns are mono block, are they cheaper to build? or last longer?
Apparently mono block lends itself towards machine/mass production. They will both last a bloody long time if looked after and you could never tell the difference when shooting them.

Apparently mono block lends itself towards machine/mass production. They will both last a bloody long time if looked after and you could never tell the difference when shooting them.
ah right and yeah i knew there no difference in them when shooting :)

got a mk38 in the end for £800, few scratches on the stock but apart from that its perfect, going to do abit of ABT on tuesday night to try it out :)  

Latest posts

Back