Bead or no Bead?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkie

After today's shooting, I'm thinking of removing the bead from my 682 gold E.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do it! a naked rib is a joy to behold :D dont forget the centre bead too.

After today's shooting, I'm thinking of removing the bead from my 682 gold E.Any thoughts?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
try a small brass one, see my post on trap forum.

Best thing i ever done was to take mine off.

Fuz there aint a centre bead on a proper gun :haha:

After today's shooting, I'm thinking of removing the bead from my 682 gold E.

Any thoughts?

Always worth experimenting with, definately works for many shooters!

After today's shooting, I'm thinking of removing the bead from my 682 gold E. Any thoughts? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Why after today, and specifically why would not having it help? 

Do it! a naked rib is a joy to behold :D dont forget the centre bead too.
Fuz no centre bead on 682gold e :) Ian's taken it off now when cleaning it for me, so were see next week.

If not ill try the other suggestions of small and not white........as I certainly find it distracting !

If the gun fits, you should be totally staring at the target and not need to see anything on the gun, bead included. Some people without eye dominance issues using bright beads (or fishing floats as my mate calls them) can actually be giving themselves a disadvantage by allowing their eyes to check between bright bead and target during flight.

That's what I was told anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like both beads ....one on the end and the essential idiot bead up the rib.

None for me but very much dependant on the individual. Why was it suddenly an issue today?

None for me but very much dependant on the individual. Why was it suddenly an issue today?
I've been asked on a few occasions, was I looking at the clay or the end of my gun, when I had missed. The white bead just seems to be very distracting, so I thought I'd just see if it makes a difference for me.

As a target shooter I always liked the idea of 2 beads.....until I tried it.....it took me so long to line them up,the clay was safely back on the ground :)

This if the gun fits thing is a little overplayed in my view. If for instance they invented a gun with an invisible rib/bead/barrel etc do you reckon you'll just hit as many as before just by whipping the thing up into your shoulder and firing on instinct?

This if the gun fits thing is a little overplayed in my view. If for instance they invented a gun with an invisible rib/bead/barrel etc do you reckon you'll just hit as many as before just by whipping the thing up into your shoulder and firing on instinct?
IMO it would always depend on whether the gun shoots where your looking, regardless of mount or instinct.. If it fits, there is more chance of it shooting where you look and therefore takes away another variable.

If the gun fits, you should be totally staring at the target and not need to see anything on the gun, bead included.

Some people without eye dominance issues using bright beads (or fishing floats as my mate calls them) can actually be giving themselves a disadvantage by allowing their eyes to check between bright bead and target during flight.

That's what I was told anyway...
My ' Ditto ' meant I was asking the same question as Hamster. Which was the obvious question to ask.

The bead is nothing to do with gun fit, its about removing a distraction, as its already been said, if it works we'll leave it off, if not, we'll try a smaller less obtrusive one.

After today's shooting, I'm thinking of removing the bead from my 682 gold E. Any thoughts? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
We all have different points of view whether or not to keep/remove the bead on the ends of our gun, it really boils down to us as individuals and the problems associated with seeing the gun/bead whether the gun/bead is in our soft/peripheral or our binocular vision. For me some time passed before I realised my eyes were being drawn back to the gun and the truth is if I see the gun other than in my peripheral vision the clay is lost with no hope of hitting it, so to help reduce the possibility of my eyes being drawn back to the gun I took the bead off and to some extent has helped but at odd times with a long right to left crosser at distance I end up looking at the gun and of course the clay has won to be thrown another day. So before you jump in and take the bead off try to work out what’s going on with your eyes first.      

Back