DTL Selection Procedure

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boocally

As I have been out of the game for around 20 years I'm sure the England Team selection procedure has changed. I contacted the CPSA to ask what the procedure for selection for the 2012 was and was told that it would be put on the website before the end of the year. Nothing there yet and I'm a bit concerned that if the procedure hasn't changed much and I still need to submit my best scores that I'm losing precious time! Also living on the Isle of Wight I have to plan my shoots quite a bit in advance due to the travel issues, oh to just decide I want to go to a shoot, jump in the car and drive there! I know, my fault for living on an Island!If any one could give me an idea of the current selection procedures I'd be very grateful!

Hi Kath,I beilieve you have to submit your best 4 registered scores from 3 different grounds shot until end of April next year.Don't quote me on the time frame though as it was a long time since I did it.I am pretty sure it is your best 4 from 3 different grounds though. Then the top X amount of shooters from each catergory ie Senior, Vet, Lady, Jnr are invited to take part in a 200 target final selection shoot over two days. You also have to shoot the English Open and the Dougal Memorial each 100 targets. The team places are calculated then from the 200 birder and the english and dougal.I am sure it has not changed much or at all since you last did it? Does that format sound familiar to you?Regards,Glen.

Hi Glen, thanks for that. It sounds quite similar although i think the 200 bird selection shoot is new. Hope it is April, It'll give me more of a chance to get the scores together.Anyone know what the average over the 4 scores for the ladies was last year? That will give me an idea of what I'm aiming for! Pun intended!

I dont know what it was for ladies when I did it in the past but for the men you had to average 290 points wise to get the invite to the selection shoot, that was always the approx marker.Glen.

Kath you should work out the average of some of the recent ladie england members then this should give you an idea of what you need to aim for. Obviously I dont need to tell you once you get the invite to the selection shoot it is a whole different ball game!! Back to scratch then and every point counts from then on! Out of a possible 900 Points consitency is the key and never give up because people do give up and at the end it can be very close over that amount of targets!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifGood Luck keep us informed how it is going! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Thanks for that Glen. I'll do the research!I was reserve in 1988 and have just picked up a gun again, thought it would be a good place to start!

I appied for my certificate in July, had the visit 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive!My guns are at my Dad's, as soon as the certificate hits the mat I'm off to get them!Got a lovely Miroku 3800 30" trap gun with Monte Carlo stock and a Browning B325 28" muti choke sporter. Can't wait to get started again. I used to do a bit of OT and placed highest lady at a few selection shoots so my ultimate aim is to get back into that and give Shona a run for her money! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Good stuff. My trap gun is an MK38 so basically the same. Chopped in my ORE for it. Tried some OT last week at Bisley - bloody disaster! Doubt I broke double figures TBH. Put me off having another round so we moved on to DTL. I can hit more of them!

I borrowed a gun in Oct and shot 100 DTL at my local club, was expecting 80's ish but was gobsmacked when I finished on 95! Lots of second barrels but at least it isn't going to take long to get back on form. Have been just ticking over since doing an odd 50 but I don't want to get too used to someone else's gun. Can't believe just how long it is taking Hants Police to get my certificate sorted out, that'll teach me to let it lapse! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

I can't believe it's finally turned up! Woohoo! Need to get up North to get my guns now! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Nice, you would think a lapsed application would take 5 mins mine took longer having lapsed than the missus for a 1st time /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif Now to get some scores in! dont know if you have seen the new pull mag but the top 20s for each discipline are in there. Ladies dtl top 10 averages, 10th @ 91.6 1st @ 94.7 something to aim for /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Good news Kath. Keep us posted on your progress and any meet-ups for DTL or other trap stuff

Hi KathOnline applications for 2012 are now available at http://www.cpsa.co.uk/england-team and the selection procedure for the Home International, European and World can be found at the top of each application form.  All the best for a great year of shooting!

Thanks for that Pete, I had a look yesterday. I'm not sure I'm going to get 4 scores in by the 13th April(my birthday!) let alone 4 good ones! Shot a 92/262 at Rufforth, York on New Years eve when I went up North to collect my guns, but I don't think it's good enough. I missed 100dtl reg at my local club on Sunday as my bitch decided to welp so i'll need to get someone to puppy sit for the day if I want to shoot. I may just do the OT selections shoots and get over to 'Owls' for some practice.I have bought a kick eez trap pad for my Miroku trap gun and a neoprene stock sleeve to hopefully stop so much recoil and cheek pain but that could be down to using 20 year old 28g express cartridges and not having used the gun for 20 years! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Hey Kath, I am going to Owl's on Saturday to shoot OT or UT (whichever is on) and to shoot DTL at Bisley GC on Sunday if you want to link up?

Would love to Nicola but my dog has just had pups so stuck puppy sitting for a few weeks! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Latest posts

Back