So - how did we shoot this weekend?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
I'll kick it off...Local Club Shoot on Sunday morning - manual traps, old giffers - I came second - but a much worse score than last month then in the afternoon I got my first taste of Trap shooting, having a go at some ABT at Bisley - very difficult, but enjoyable!Next shoot will be Thursday evening, the CPSA reg at Churchills in Wycombe

I went to a club in Weert, Holland called Wildenburg. Beautiful little ground offering so much variety.Shot with Robin Visch who I met at Dorhout Mees and he kindly lent me a gun for the day. Shot two rounds of skeet for 48ex50. Missed the first target out on the first 25 and missed the high house in double from the middle peg! Seemed extremely hard I think the layout was set up as olympic speed because on the layout next door a guy was shooting it olympic style! Shot a couple of stands of Sporting and the shot 2 stands of Fitasc which I straighted was good day and I shot well which was nice. I have a few pics so maybe I can post a few when I take them off the camera. Cost was not to bad I shot 100 clays for 36€.Glen.

I was chuffed to bits to get a 24 on my second round of our ABT county championships, ending on a 22,24,20,18. Finally getting some enjoyment back into my shooting without being distracted by other things. I think that my scores will get better now. Next year I am going to give UT a try as I have heard the Worlds and Europeans are in Portugal and at Lonato Italy (TAV Concaverde) which is not to be missed.Good meeting up with Toby again and glad we are keeping him on the 'dark side' :) trap!

I shot like a Muppett as usual these days with 29/50 But on the brighter side of my shooting weekend my son Ian shot a 34/50 first time out with his new Guerini Maxum, great shooting from Ian that left him 2 birds short of makin it into the prizes. Great shoot coming up next weekend at Banbridge who's runnin a 100 Sporting shoot, I've a lot to do to equal lastyears score of 80 - bring it on !

I shot one of my local club shoots yesterday (50 sporting) missed a couple on the first three stands as the targets were pretty close, so I whiped out the 1/2 choke and stuck in a skeet in its place to make a combo of 1/4 & skeet, after that I was away, managed a 41ex 50 .. not used to shooting tatgets at 15/20 yards .

Last weekend was a club sporting shoot, shot 50ex60 for 3rd in class.Shot a quick 75 skeet on Monday, 23,23,24.Shooting a charity sporting shoot at Gibraltar Barracks this weekend :)Jon.

So, Churchills ESP Registered tonight - lovely evening, cool, dry and a bit cloudy - not too much sunshine/glare.I put in a 62 - which is way above my average (and 20 targets above last month) - I'm chuffed with that, my highest registered score so far.I really knuckled down, concentrated on pick-up and hold points, and stayed calm and focused and thought hard about what didn't work when I missed a target. The best thing was seeing my score card picking up the doubles in the second half of a stand - meaning I was working out my mistakes and getting things fixed. I'll sleep happy tonight knowing I shot better than my average.

Good for you. It is great to see your scores go up. It helps for the next time.

You`re in the early stages of Scoresiesis :D :( , there are no known cures.

Man - I have a detailed spreadsheet, with graphs - and pivot tables. I'm incurable.

Wait till someone asks you the plot about a film you`ve been watching for an hour and all the while you were analysing your misses. :D :)

So - Weston Wood today... first 5 stands I was on 36, so on course for my best score ever in a registered shoot - then of course, I noticed and the wheels came off... had one nightmare stand...and managed to finish on a 54 - which was a bit disappointing.The I looked back at my previous Weston Wood score - and I'd added 10 targets on - so I'll go to sleep satisfied with that, especially the first 5 stands where I was really enjoying myself and hitting everything.I'll put the change of performance down to 3 things - noticing my scores were good and putting myself under pressure, getting a bit tired (forgot water and some food) and it was getting super humid so I was hot and sweaty.... I have to learn to condition myself for the whole 100 birds.

I'd a real stinker on Saturday, apart from the problems with my mum in the back of my mind I suffered another bought of double / blurred vision, it mainly happened with low fast swippin targets from R/L anything up in the air was OK and anything missed there was pure stupidity on my part, the vision problems were so bad I tried swoppin glasses with Ian and even not wearin any for one stand as my headache was so bad, it's bloody awful when there isn't a thing you can do to make this infliction go away - ended up on an embarrassing 66/100, Ian shot well in places for 61 on first time shootin as a cert holder. I hope to do better next week at the Home Inters weekend.Nige

Latest posts

Back