Weston wood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optima

Nice to meet up with a few more shoot clay members today at weston wood, how did you all get on?

57, started to struggle late on, bloody knackering this 2 shoots in a day lark! mind you 131ex220 at an average of 59.5 isnt way off my average.

Fuzrat said:

57, started to struggle late on, bloody knackering this 2 shoots in a day lark! mind you 131ex220 at an average of 59.5 isnt way off my average.
you were going well when i watched you shoot that first stand, the louper and over head from behind,but two shoots can be very tiring!

yeah, 2 away after 2 stands, shame I could keep that up/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  last 2 stands by the duck pond was really getting dark and a 0 on the l-r battue and r-l crosser didnt help the card /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

Ed won it with 96 i believe,thats top shooting ,which 4 did you miss ED? I would tell you about the ones i missed but it might take a few hours to wright it all out/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers matey, bad start and left a couple daft ones out early on- 3 down after 4 stands. Started on 1, which I straighted, then did the 5 pair stand behind it (midi r-l report l-r) and missed a l-r on my 3rd pair, then missed the last bird out on the rabbit-1/4ing curler stand, and then one of the crossers on the big battue/crosser stand. Bit of a rough beginning really, but straighted all the way round to the platform where I missed 1 in the middle of the 10, then straighted the two by the pond to finish. Happy with the score but that's two shoots today that I let a couple go early on that should have been in the bag.All part of the game though!

Great day all round, albeit a bit tiring by the end, and looking for some night vision glasses the last couple of stands. Good to meet a few other forum members, and put faces to names, Ed, Steve L, Dave B, Optima & Tobi. Managed an 86 at Horton, with a 73 at Weston, so that's five registered done now. It was a great squad, some good shooting among like minded people, hard to think of a better way to spend a Sunday at this time of year.

So... I took 83 at Hornet - for 69% (which is 11% above my average), then 61 at Weston... I think I was getting diminishing returns from fatigue to the end of the round... but what a great day, great company people.Oh - and top shooting Ed - fantastic stuff.

Well I wish I'd gone now with so many members there. It's likely that some other members like Clynt and ADE were there too which brings up another thought:  How about ShootClay hats, or is that a stupid idea?

It was a fantastic day; can't think of a better way to spend a weekend. I really struggled at Weston after shooting Hornet and ended up on 32 ex 90 (Didn't shoot the raised one due to vertigo)  I missed 14 out of 16 on the first 2 stands and went up a little bit that shot a couple of stands where I was missing the easy graded stuff and hitting some of the harder ones. The most important thing for me was making sure I never missed a bird for the same reason and that worked, towards the end there was a final midi and a driven and managed to get on it from the first clay with a rather large gap!  measuring lead in kilometers is a very new concept to me ., but never before have I faced birds like these at some of the toughest sporting targets I have ever seen, some I have never seen before. Overall for the weekend a 60ex100 at Churchills yesterday, 49ex110 at Hornet and the 32ex90 at WW left me just over 50% on 151ex300 which I'm not too disheartened with and given the birds i'm happy as i'm learning, gonna get some L plates :)  Good to meet up with all of you again, well done to Bob_P for getting in the dosh in C and Ed for taking HG with a very very impressive 96! I'm shattered and won't be shooting 2 shots in a day again any time soon ;)  Cheers, Jon.

I don't use a hat - get me a nice deal on a good jacket with a logo the same material as my musto vest and we've got a deal though? ;-)

shootclay admin said:

If people will buy them - I'll get them made
I'd buy one, how about put up a post for interest and depending on numbers that sign up go ahead, we can all pay up front so you don't have to stump up to order. A beanie would work for me :)  Jon.

Yes was a cracking day,wish we had grounds like that closer to us, two and a quarter hrs /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif didn't realise horne was so close or we'd have gone there aswell, as your on line steve got any class results close to hand or is that a bit cheeky/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif when i left i was 2nd in A class on 85.

Clynt was there- I saw him as I came into the carpark so gave him a shout and we went round together. Had a good laugh as always!

optima said:

Yes was a cracking day,wish we had grounds like that closer to us, two and a quarter hrs /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif didn't realise horne was so close or we'd have gone there aswell, as your on line steve got any class results close to hand or is that a bit cheeky/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif when i left i was 2nd in A class on 85.
 we were there for the prizegiving but cant for the life of me remember who won what apart from Ed and Bob /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

EdSolomons said:

Clynt was there- I saw him as I came into the carpark so gave him a shout and we went round together. Had a good laugh as alwaysHow did clint do Ed,did anyone straight the pool,11 was winning, i had 1 go,shot a 10.

Can't remember what he got but think he was going pretty good, would guess mid-high 80s... 17 won pool I think, there were 2 of them on it if I remember right...

EdSolomons said:

Can't remember what he got but think he was going pretty good, would guess mid-high 80s... 17 won pool I think, there were 2 of them on it if I remember right...
Can't have been 17 it was only out of 12

Back