EJ Churchill Dec 1st

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

The new grading period had its first shoot then!I found it a tricky number. Nothing hideous, but barely an easy stand in sight. There were a few targets that fooled me, including a r-l looper that needed remarkably little lead. I think it ended up (roughly) as:Steve Lovatt 91Paul Batchelor 89Chris Childerhouse 86Kirk Bridges 84 I ended on 83, having only straighted 1 stand!! A messy card, but I seem to be in the 80's mainly of late so thats good for me. Just possibly enough in A class? Special mention to David B on 80./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Must have crucified C class and perhaps his best ever registered score?? I know a lot of Shoot-clay folk were there early on today. Cheers,CSC3

Nice shooting Steve!! He can shoot as well as set targets!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

GlenPresley said:

He can shoot as well as set targets!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif 
Not only that he can walk and chew gum at the same time./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Largely agree with your assessment - I went round very early with GavB and Phil - some tricky stands. I didn't like the sim pair of crossers (into the sun in the morning) - although I saved a cartridgewith one glory shot. The R-L looper that needed no lead, I assume that was from the grouse butt? That was my first zero stand in about 6 months - thoroughly depressing. I straighted one stand - the sim pair of right to left crosser and the springing teal/crow - about stand 8.So - I finished with a 58 - GavB with a respectable 70 I think...

The looper in the grouse I only hit once. With about 7 feet of lead. Clearly it needed 5 or 8.5 as I missed the other 3… I hit all the orange. Just needed about three feet, but watchful of the dropping line.. My Mrs joined you on a zero grouse butt experience.. The low-lead one was in the multisport. Report bird after a l-r crosser. The sim pair was an 8/10 for me. Steve Lovatt straighted it and said he hit half of them with one cartridge! Must have taken them very early.. CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
CleverSC3 said:

The new grading period had its first shoot then!I found it a tricky number. Nothing hideous, but barely an easy stand in sight. There were a few targets that fooled me, including a r-l looper that needed remarkably little lead. I think it ended up (roughly) as:Steve Lovatt 91Paul Batchelor 89Chris Childerhouse 86Kirk Bridges 84 I ended on 83, having only straighted 1 stand!! A messy card, but I seem to be in the 80's mainly of late so thats good for me. Just possibly enough in A class? Special mention to David B on 80./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Must have crucified C class and perhaps his best ever registered score?? I know a lot of Shoot-clay folk were there early on today. Cheers,CSC3
CSC3 I second your special mention to David B on 80, I went round with him and it was a real pleasure to see him shoot so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes very pleased with a 70 although thought i would be in low sixties after hitting a 3 on stand 2 overall im pleased although still have a tendency to be on them and then try and shoot the same lead picture which then takes some of the focus off of the target and i then must slow or stop the gun??????? pleasure to shoot with matt and phil and nice to say hello to another couple of shootclayers churchill challenge next /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Yes, well done Gav. That was much tougher than the Police shoot we did together, and you scored more today! Good progress. CSC3

cheers there is talk of shooting the challenge between xmas and new year with matt and co if your up for it

I see from there web page it starts Monday really fancy having a go when I am back but depends how long it is running what it actually is and when it is on.

I'm thinking of getting a few of us together for the Challenge... Glen would be good to do it when/if you are in town - do you want to suggest a date when you could make it and I'll put a meet-up thread out.

shootclay admin said:

I'm thinking of getting a few of us together for the Challenge... Glen would be good to do it when/if you are in town - do you want to suggest a date when you could make it and I'll put a meet-up thread out.
I was looking at Wednesday the 21st but anytime after this up to Xmas eve really!I'm up for having a blast at it because i missed it last year! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif Glen.

Spot on so if I am desperate to shoot with nothing else I could shoot it everyday of the week! Lovely!!!!I do love Xmas! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Ok now the dreaded - Cost??? Do you have to have a squad together to do it? Glen

Latest posts

Back