20g/bore Clay cartridge recomendations please ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salop sniper

I have a 20bore/guage (depending on what you like)and use it occasional on clays and game. I am quite happy with my game cartrigdes (eley hi flyer) but I am about to run out of clay cartridges so thought I would ask for recommendations. Am happy to use shot sizes: 7,7.5 and 8`s. 28gram is what I normally use but would consider others. Plastic and fibre recomendations also.

Can recomendations be given where possible as:

Brand

Model / product range

Gram

Shot size

wad

cost per 250

cost per 1000

ATB

Matt

Hi Matt, I can recommend, Gamebore Super Steel 7's, plastic wad, 24g and they were £160 / 1000 a couple of months back.

Thanks Wylye, I have allready looked at the ranges listed buy just cartridges but it doesnt list customer / user feed back on the products which is what am after (product recomendation followed what they cost they were purchased at)!

Thanks for that Kentskeet, I will have a look into these but must check to see if steel shot will be okay through my barrel !

Regards

Matt

I rarely use mine, but when I did, the cheapest I could find were EJ Churchills own brand, made by Eley. Breaks are good on clays. Fibre wad 24g 8 i think. Might be worth calling them 01494 883227

Not so good if you are miles from them of course..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Darky tell Gaz that the pigeons do not like 36grm Fiocchi.......I can promise him........and I should know..... L. O. L.

Coooo coooo

I use Cheddite Trap 20's in mine and can't fault them at all :) Contact www.malmoguns.com for more info

Hi Salop

I use gamebore competition in 24g P7.5's.  I keep 1/4 & 1/2 chokes in my Caesar Guerini and they break everything out there.  Remember, a 20bore patterns quite a bit tighter than a 12, and so IMO, you don't need all that extra shot when shooting clays.  They are easy on the shoulder and pattern well.  With a 20bore, lightness was key and upsetting the gun with lots of shot in it was counterproductive. 

Hope that helps!

I use the Gamebore 24 gram size 9's for my NSSA skeet shooting, good shell and hit hard.  :)

Latest posts

Back