Anyone planning to shoot The Churchill Challenge this year?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
The Churchill Challenge runs from 11th December through 5th March in 2013 - decent prize pot and the handicap system to keep things interesting.

I will book on and have a go at some point, as its local.

churchill-challenge.pdf

Attachments

• churchill-challenge.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
Might do, but the handicap system does tend to suck. Shot like a bellend one day about 6 under cpsa average and scored better than the next day when I was 5 over cpsa average :( plus the prize pot is a little on the tight side for a 4 month long comp :(

Might do, but the handicap system does tend to suck. Shot like a bellend one day about 6 under cpsa average and scored better than the next day when I was 5 over cpsa average :( plus the prize pot is a little on the tight side for a 4 month long comp :(
The way to win it is to let off 40 in the car park probably (assuming the 'system' is as good as last year). I will just treat it as a warm up course for the weekend and consider my actual score only.

The way to win it is to let off 40 in the car park probably (assuming the 'system' is as good as last year). I will just treat it as a warm up course for the weekend and consider my actual score only.
Very true, its something to do in my febuary week off I suppose, practice in a comp environment. When does the rbss one usually start?

Clever letting 40 off in the car park might cause some consternation !!! not to mention playing havoc with their security cameras

The handicap system is really rather simple  Take yor CPSA  average, duly ingnore it, record the actual score you shoot on the day, add the sum total of the misses as an average of each stand to your actual score, take off the price of the tea and the bacon sarnie you had before shooting, add on the congestion charge if you travelled through that area, divide by the number of stands you shot and times by the number of shooters in your party.

VOILA!!! You have your adjusted handicap score it that simple !!!

Looking forward to RBSS - last year was about the coldest I have ever been shooting - a frigid day with a strong easterly wind. Halfway round my jaw started to ache with the cold.

Still looking forward to shooting that again - was a good challenge.

I was booked in for tomorrow, but I cancelled due to to not owning a shooting snorkel. Looks dry for the weekend hopefully..

Not sure how the handicapping works - but Steve Lovatts 93 scored+HC, is currently being beaten by 36 scored+HC

CHAPS IT IS QUITE SIMPLE !! please refer to my earlier post the handicapping is very easy once you get our head around it !!! :)   ;)

From their wbsite:

10. Handicap calculated for each individual round over 4 undisclosed stands. Such that, if that average score was repeated over the whole course the result would be a par score of 100

But Clayclouters way probably works out the same :D since they have scores over the par of 100, the current leading score is 108.5!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back